Sign in to follow this  

Drz 125 wheel

I may buy a 2004 drz 125 for $200 off a buddy and all it needs is a back rim and chain. I've searched everywhere and I can't find a complete wheel for this anywhere. All I've seen is a rim by itself and spokes but nothing more. Is there another year or model that is compatible or where can I find on?

If it has the hub, do as smacaroni said. Of you don't have the hub. You don't need a rim, you need a complete wheel. For a complete wheel you'll have to relentlessly and constantly check fleabay. Or buy OEM

Yeah, I sold a horrendously bent rear wheel for a small wheel DRZ for $100. I mean, this this was so bad it barely held a tire on and I'm not sure if the tire would stay on without a rim-lock. Complete DRZ wheels are expensive.

For $200, I'd so buy that DR-Z, consider yourself lucky if it's still there.

Other options are to do the KX100 suspension swap, also expensive compared to lacing on a new rim, however, in the big scheme of things, it's not that expensive for what you get. I think we spent around $350 to do that swap. Check this forum's stickies for instructions.