Best place to take beginner 8 yr girl

Haven't lived here long so looking for a place to take my 8 yr old beginner daughter riding. Live in Pierce County, so not sure what would be best, North to Belfair or South to Capital Forest. She's riding a throttle limited DRZ70, so need a flat area that has a few miles of very easy riding area. Thanks in advance

Haven't lived here long so looking for a place to take my 8 yr old beginner daughter riding. Live in Pierce County, so not sure what would be best, North to Belfair or South to Capital Forest. She's riding a throttle limited DRZ70, so need a flat area that has a few miles of very easy riding area. Thanks in advance

Haven't been to Cap. Forest but all indications are that its pretty tame. Belfair has technical sections, but if you want miles and miles of easy terrain it has that in spades.

Belfair/Tahuya has an area called "camp pond" it's a "first year, first gear" area for kids to learn how to ride. I took my 7 yo there and it sure did help his riding skills. The terrain isn't "technical" but it has some tough to ride through rock sections (deepish river rock for about 12 feet) that is just enough to get the kids used to throttling out of tough spots. Pretty flat with whoops and turns.

Elbe Hills!? Unless you know something I don't, she'd get taken out by 4x4

I wouldn't go to Elbe Hills...too many knotheads rippin' up & down the roads. Once upon a time, I was one of those knotheads. My Dodge almost ate a speeding quad last week, there.

I agree with Tahuya, but pick your spots wisely. Snd hill or the sand pit should be named rock hill or rock pit. However, there is a small area, under the trees and just north of the parking area. Its right next to the road, its flat, amd the trail is solid with little rocks.

The other spot, easy with a little more challenge, is the secondary parking area on elfendal pass. Its just a little ways north ofmthe main staging area on that road. It has a long gravel and dirt road that goes a ways back, and a small trackmthat makes a loop along the parking area.

If you are in puyallup, i would just sneak up in the hills and find an old logging road for some basic practice. Its closer and should be less traffic.

if she is not poker run short course material yet try straddleline cycle park. they used to have a kids course and plenty of parking lot to learn the basics. have not been there for a few yrs. so hopefully someone will corrct my info. you used to be able to call the track and get first hand info. have fun!!!