Sign in to follow this  

07 CRF250r Oil in air box/bog at top end with white smoke

I have a 07 crf 250r and today i was riding and about 5 min into the ride i had a bog in the top end of the gears and maybe 2 min after that i notice that white smoke was coming out at the the top end of the gear too. so i parked it checked the air box and there was oil leaking out of it and the filter had oil in it too. Then i checked the over flow coming out of the to of the head and there was some white goop at the bottom on the plug(pic bleow) but it drained out black. next i checked the plug for the heck of it and it was black and smelled burt.

no shaving in the oil

put oil in a jar and shook it no foam or bubbles (so i think its not mixing with coolant)

WHAT SHOULD I DO just give it new oil and run it see if the problem goes away or should i tear it down

bought the bike last month maybe 2 or 3 hours i put on it ran good before this

20130710_201925.jpg

Edited by Parrinello

When was the last time you cleaned your air filter? Sounds like it is over oiled.

Also, who changed the oil last, and how much oil did they fill, and where did they put the oil, and how did they drain it?

Are you aware that your bike has separate transmission and engine oil?

on the right side of the engine under the carb is a breather tube. Stock it is plugged. Pull the plug and drain out the tube there. You have oil and water in there, and if that is not drained regularly it will overflow into the airbox causing your symptoms.

I experienced the top-end breather problem where the air box is level it doesn't really "overflow" it leaks or collects bits of oil over time due to terrains and jumps so I regularly check my box now

~Yz426F&Crf250R~

My son went into a really big double , tabletop something like that and panic revved in the air and when he landed and didn't crash but stalled the engine ,when he collected his thoughts he fired it back up and whitish smoke was barreling out but went away after a few Minutes and his is a 06 so did you get all over the limiter or rev it high for some reason ?

If his bike was uneven in the air the breather on the valve cover leaked oil into air box and it burnt it check air box when doing maintenance so you will know to drain it

~Yz426F&Crf250R~

The air box should have a drain tube on the bottom of it for water oil or overflowed gas etc.

~Yz426F&Crf250R~

Yea I gotcha this was a year ago I was just tellin the op a similar exsperience we had but yea he was uneven in the air (nose down ) and I drain that tube after ever ride day , usually just a little oil with condensation comes out ! Cool

Yeah mines the 04 250 I am trying to get into racing this year starting this month or next

~Yz426F&Crf250R~

Awesome! My number I usually put on bikes is 724 I'm gonna apply for sponsorship at DeCal first my cousin races pro AMA atv he's pretty good

~Yz426F&Crf250R~

Well it wasn't burning much rode maybe 2 hours after I changed it and it was going down hill...then the bogging started now being an experienced two stroke owner first thing to mind is rod bearings...well I heard the 04s had weak cylinders I was thinking it might be that $$$$ well it was all out of oil and just the lower rod bearing is out. But I gotta split the case and I hate doing that.