Sign in to follow this  

250 info!

Hey everybody! Need some information on 250 4 strokes. What is the most reliable one? (most time in between rebuilds) thanks for any help!

They're all pretty much the same. There's a few bad apples like the first couple of RMZ/KXF's or even a few Honda's that ate valves but if you're looking for reliablity, a 250f is not the way to go.

I had a ktm 250f. The thing has original valves and bottom end. It eats up pistons and needs them replaced every 40 hours. Valves Checked every 10-15 hours. And other than that 250fs are the best bike you can buy, they have a good amount of power. handle really well and the up keep is not all that bad. I currently have a 450 that doubles those figures. Engine work is not all that bad as most make it out to be. I did a top-end in close to the same time as it took to do my 2 stroke. They just get bad rep because of some goons who are clueless on how to change their oil and filter.

Thanks guys, any thought on the 250x? I will be getting a 450, but the 250 will be for my girlfriend, Want to stay in the 250 4stroke class for her.

We won't be racing,just a lot of desert riding and blasting down some open beaches, I live half the year in cabo San Lucas,

X would be perfect. I owned a crf450x and loved it. If I ever bought another 4 stroke I would get a crf x.

depends what year but between the year ranges 2003 to 2010 id say ktm and yamaha. they have the most reliable problem free valve train. Now yes other brands are good tooo but for what you just asked ktm and yamaha is the way to go

Thanks for the replys! I have a lot of thinking to do, good thing I got a good amount of time before I purchase these bikes, Im just stuffing my brain with information before I pick! Thanks everybody

Definitely best to do your research before you buy. Its not a good feeling going out to your garage and saying "hmm maybe I should of started with a different bike". That just means way more money in the long run.