Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a good enduro school

Hi I live in NNJ and I am looking for a good enduro school. I am relatively a new rider and I want to start getting the basics right. I used to ride 8 years ago and never a terrain like this.

Anyone has experience with a good school or program ?

DirtWise has a great reputation (run by Shane Watts...though he has another experience instructor doing most of the North American dates this year).

Rave reviews from most attendees that have done the school. Focused on offroad....not MX.

I'm doing it in mid-August with my nephew....will report back on what I thought of it after the course.

Try to hook up with some more experienced riders that don't mind you tagging along. I went to the Shane Watts school and felt it was worth the money and learned quite a bit. However, the only way to ride better is seat time. You can get the Shane Watts videos and if you have a place to practice the drills, it will be almost as good as being at the school, but you don't have someone to critique you when you are doing something incorrectly.

Rich Lafferty has schools in South Jersey. I have not attended one myself but everyone who has says they are really good. He is doing something right his son is flying this year.

we did shane watts dirtwise this spring and it was worth every penny, really nice guys with a ton of talent and knowledge to share. great two days. Jason Thomas was co-instructor as well. you can't imagine how fast those two guys go through trails we all spent two days flailing around on. it's not right...

I can vouch for the Dirtwise school. I had both Watts and Thomas as instructors. I think it was Thomas' first school but he is a lot better instructor than I first gave him credit, due to his younger age. Not only does he understand the course content but he was more than willing to rip it up when Watts told him to demonstrate. I wouldn't hesitate from going to a school ran by this young man, with or without Watts. It's a lot of information over two days, very organized content and excellent instruction. I can think of no better way to become a safer and more confident offroad rider.

For immediate help get the Watts Videos they show many of the same drills used in his schools. A rider MUST learn to ride very slow before he can ride faster and that is what the drills teach. All the videos are good but my fav is Dirtwise.