Sign in to follow this  

My old piston out of my 2012 250 xc

Blow by and you are not burning enough fuel, thus causing the build up from the looks of things. Time to look her over and change things out.

Blow by and you are not burning enough fuel, thus causing the build up from the looks of things. Time to look her over and change things out.
yeah i changed it put a whole rebuild kit in.

Looks good!

Dude, you have big hands!

yeah i guess i do. I think my gloves are xl or xxl just depending on what type. Im feet are a 13 which suck i hit my feet on everything. Also for your plastic thing heres my caption ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1373602188.849091.jpg
Its a very "safe" piston... show us a pic of the underside if you can get a decent pic.
i dont have a pic now but i can post one in the morning.
  • Like 2

yeah i guess i do. I think my gloves are xl or xxl just depending on what type. Im feet are a 13 which suck i hit my feet on everything. Also for your plastic thing heres my caption ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1373602188.849091.jpg

i dont have a pic now but i can post one in the morning.

I made it farther then my dad though!

DSwithDad021_zps11014398.jpg

Its a very "safe" piston... show us a pic of the underside if you can get a decent pic.
heres a pic of the bottomImageUploadedByThumper Talk1373629980.966627.jpg

Your running lean somewhere, probably on the main. That heat sig on the underside of the piston should only be the size of a dime. Hard to tell with the wrist pin and bearing in there but it looks like the entire underside of your piston is burnt.

What are the condition of your reed's? How many hours on them? Any gaps in them? If they are leaking slightly they will give the top end the appearance of being rich (which from the top of your piston it appears that you are) while in fact you are lean (which the underside of the piston tells us that you are running hot).

Edited by BDubb106

Your running lean somewhere, probably on the main. That heat sig on the underside of the piston should only be the size of a dime. Hard to tell with the wrist pin and bearing in there but it looks like the entire underside of your piston is burnt.

What are the condition of your reed's? How many hours on them? Any gaps in them? If they are leaking slightly they will give the top end the appearance of being rich (which from the top of your piston it appears that you are) while in fact you are lean (which the underside of the piston tells us that you are running hot).

i have never checked the reeds just because i have never felt the need to. The whole bike has 65 hrs give or take a few (i used my dads bike to figure that) the new piston and ring has 1 hr on it (i put a hr meter on it) so now i know for sure whats on it.

i have never checked the reeds just because i have never felt the need to. The whole bike has 65 hrs give or take a few (i used my dads bike to figure that) the new piston and ring has 1 hr on it (i put a hr meter on it) so now i know for sure whats on it.

I would suggest checking them and spending some time jetting as well. Thats just what I would do based on the look of that piston.

I would suggest checking them and spending some time jetting as well. Thats just what I would do based on the look of that piston.

ok thanks i will look at them.
  • Like 1