Sign in to follow this  

Insurance for your DRZ

I was just comparing my insurance to a another policy that was a 600cc cruiser type bike and noticed that his was a good bit cheaper then mine. I called Progressive and they said my 08SM is in a "sport bike" class. So I thought that dual sports are cheap to insure!?!

I have a clean driving record..

I pay 173

Liability 100,000/300,00 50 each accident

Pedestrian first party 5000

uninsured & under insured 25000/50000

comprehensive

NO collision

What do you pay and what company do you use, I hear that progressive it hard to beat. I wonder if a SM has a higher rate then an S?

Edited by checkoutmyjunk2

My 01S is covered through Allstate with the highest limits and full tort @ $75 per year. I have my home and car through Allstate as well.

I have mine Fully Insured through AAA insurance, so is my Car and Townhouse, but those Ass holes do not give you multi vehicle discount for a motorcycle (they do not consider a motorcycle a vehicle), so i think i pay way too much, $300 for a full year.

Or maybe its just the Cali being super expensive thing, ill see what other Cali DRZ owners are paying.

Even though its expensive, i see too many ''stolen drz'' threads, and i hate seeing those.

This is what I pay, it is through pacific specialty insurance. They were the cheapest out of anywhere I called.

Comprehensive: 0500 Deductible Collision: 0500 Deductible Accessory Coverage: $ 2,000 Coverages Limits Premium Bodily Injury: 15,000/30,000 $ 30.00 Property Damage: 5,000 $ 25.00 Uninsured Motorist: 15,000/30,000 $ 75.00 Uninsured Motorist PD / Uninsured Motorist Deductible Reimbursement: $ 0.00 Medical Payments: 1,000 $ 14.00 Comprehensive: (Deductible Applies) $ 34.00 Collision: (Deductible Applies) $ 43.00 Accessories: (CP/CL Deduct. Applies; See vehicle for ded. & limit) Included Roadside Assistance $ 10.00 Towing: 200 Included Storage: 400 Included Taxes and Fees: Policy Fee $ 24.00 Fraud Charge $ 1.80 Total Term Premium $ 261.80

Riders has always been the cheapest I've found, however they won't insure me because of my driving record... So I'm with Geico for the motorcycles, both are full coverage and for 12 months.

2007 R6 - $401

2005 DRZ S - $66

I pay about $200 a year with Progressive for full coverage with a good driving record on a '01 S model. I though rates were mostly based on engine size vs the wheels that are on it. At 399cc its one cc short of being in a higher price bracket from what I understand but I was in a rush when I opened the policy since I was trying to transfer the title before the county annex closed.

I too have progressive and pay 15 a month/90 per six months and have the DRZ fully insured. However, my Ducati Monster costs $45 a month with full coverage so my bill ends up being $60 a month.

State Farm here My 04 S liability only 63.00 a year high coverage like 300k/500 .. my 05 S full coverage 150.00 a year its SM'd but they don't know that . I should check what a SM cost but I don't think I can classify it as an SM since the registration says S.

Edited by Mark Astorga

$43 a year for liability only on my '09 S with State Farm.

Just got a refund check for $14.75 from switching the tag from my Buell to the DRZ.

$75 a year. it has gone up and down but nothing more than $116 and as low as $67 over the last 6 years

I also have progressive and i pay $240 a year. This might have to do with my age though. Ive heard they jack up the price for younger drivers due to the fact that they have a greater tendency to wreck. That and all those crazy kids on them motorcycles do wheelies and drive like maniacs and do who knows what else so they should have to pay more! :bonk: then again can't say they are Completely wrong about me and my driving habits... 😏

560$ a year ... Fire and theft and basic with no collision , they wanted another 500$ for collision

Gieco. Full coverage (liability, comp, collision: $100 deductible) $330 per year. But it should go up in October cuz I made a claim 2 months ago :headbang:

Fire?

Yea , you can't get theft without fire here lol ... This is also my first vehicle being road legal also , only been driving for one year and don't have my car license . I will see next year if I can get a lower rate though

Jealous of you bastards! I got full coverage and im like 37 a month which is roughly 444 a year! Motorcycle safety course next week though 🙂 meaning i get another discount on insurance for 3 years o and thats full coverage too...

$20 a month for full coverage is what I pay only because I worry about the bike being stolen.... state min would cost me $75 a year

Mine is low-ish because mine was paid for outright with cash and only worth $900 according to my "States Presumptive Value"