Sign in to follow this  

Probably should have started with an intro

Not going to lie. I'm new to the dual sport scene as well as the DRZ. So if I post a stupid question which will likely happen, try to avoid slapping your forehead and calling me a dumbass.

I just purchased a 2003 with 8,300 miles on it with some help of narrowing down my choices from folks on this site. I absolutely love this bike!

I'm located 20 miles south of Lansing MI in a small town and have been riding/racing dirt bikes and ATV's for 27+ years. Graduated from Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in 2004 with certifications in Harly Davidson (HUGE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY) and worked at the Harley Davidson dealership in Lansing for almost 3 years before I realized that 80% or more of Harley owners are raging D-bags and left to build fire trucks. I actually sold my Harley to buy the DRZ and my wife a new car.

I consider myself blessed as my garage has plenty of toys

NEW!!! 2003 DRZ B)

2004 Honda Foreman 4x4

2001 Yamaha YZF 426 (not put together)

1996 Honda XR 100 (BBR 115 with 03 plastics - wifes)

1988 Honda Fourtrax 250R - raced competitively in the 90's and have owned it for 20+ years

200- Suzuki JR50

Proud father of 4 year old boy/girl twins. My son loves his Suzuki and no lie rides it at least an hour a night. It has training wheels but can see them removed before to long.

Probably the first thing on my list of DRZ mods will be a new tail light. The stock one is completely hideous IMO. So if anybody has any suggestions I would love to see them. Smoked LED turn signals is also something I'de like to get into. Really, am glad this site is available and the information on here is superb.

2013-06-28_12-42-47_854.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome aboard, nice list of toys you got there, get a Edge DRC tail light, its a nice looking piece, and only $55 bucks, bolts right on, its specifically meant to fit your bike.

is that rear fender bag gray colored, or just sun faded?

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, nice list of toys you got there, get a Edge DRC tail light, its a nice looking piece, and only $55 bucks, bolts right on, its specifically meant to fit your bike.

If you get an edge tail light, I hope you aren't too partial to the license plate white led's. I just put a new light on my bike and it only has 4 hours of run time and the led's are already out. The same thing happened on my last light, but that one lasted about a month. The tail light itself is good, but those white leds have something up with them as it is a common problem.

Welcome to the forum! And as a former Harley owner myself, I fully agree with your D-bag statement!

• Like 2

Probably sun faded, Looks like the original one that has been on my 2002 DRZ S since I purchased it new in June of 2002. It hasn't been black for a long time.

Edited by icecold

Welcome aboard, nice bike, looks like you'll be part of the mod brigade like the rest of us....lol. and yes, there are some really knowledgeable guys on this site who offer up a wealth of information.....literally nothing they don't know. 👍

Thanks guys!

No the bag is just faded. Probably won't be on there long as it doesn't hold much and the tools aren't there.

Here is a pic of father and son back yard riding.

2013-06-05_20-10-59_948.jpg

• Like 2