Sign in to follow this  

All balls vs Parts unlimited fork seals

Hey guys well ima do my fork service tomorrowand i got both of these types of seals. The P.U seals are Athena made by N.O.K and the All balls are made by T.T.O. which ones do you think are better anyways this is for a 2004 yz250f

Athena are great.

If your All Balls are the red Clarke ones throw them in the garbage now to save yourself some time.

• Like 3

I expected them to be red too since that wass the way the picture was but there black which makes me wonder if there somewhat decent to save for next time but thanks for the advice 👍

I wont use anything but oem seals. Had too many bad experiences with aftermarket.

I wont use anything but oem seals. Had too many bad experiences with aftermarket.

Also my experience.

Nothing against All Balls, I use their linkage and bearing kits, but OEM fork seals seem to have the lowest stiction and last the longest.

Edited by chuck4788

All balls stuff is junk, i have wasted my time twice on them. Once it even puked fork oil on the way to the track hadnt even rode on it yet. Other set only lasted a few hours of riding. NOK or OEM are they only way to go.

Ditto, loved everything I got from Pivot Works recently. Fantastic stuff, and that dealer (forget the name) has terrific support for all their parts. I asked them some newby stuff when I was fixing up a used bike I bought and the support agent went above and beyond.

The PU seals are made by NOK, just like the Japanese OEM seals.