Sign in to follow this  

Battery Problems

Anyone else having charge/charge keeping problems on stock battery? Been raining here for about two weeks so no riding lately but went to go get my endorsement yesterday and bike was dead. Only accessory I have connected to the battery is a cell charging kit. Second time here lately...and on another note, I meant to post several weeks back...DO NOT BUY EVO LITHIUM BATTERY FOR THIS BIKE...unless you want to plug in a trickle charger every time you park your bike. I put one on mine for the weight savings and was dead within a week, Honda service department guy told me that I should have never been sold that battery, and that they are strictly for racing...good for a weekend or two of racing then trash. He did me a solid and put a new stock one on for me for free and I literally watched him throw the EVO battery in the dumpster (after asking if I wanted it). $100 wasted.

• Like 1

I would have got that evo back and asked the supplier for a refund.

I dont agree lithium batteries are only for racing because the military also use them for critical applications.

• Like 2

There's something wrong there, some other factor...because LiFePO4 batteries discharge much slower than lead-acid, should be ok for some months without charge.

If the Evo battery drained out, and now a new stock battery is draining out, it sounds like it is not because of the battery, sounds like you have a ground issue. I would disconnect your cell charger and try again. Some chargers will pull power even when nothing is plug into it.

• Like 1

Yea, sounds like you have other problem besides batteries. What exactly is this "cell charger" ? Is it a USB port? Is it hooked straight to the battery? Like its live even when the key is off?

yeah its hooked straight to battery, but didn't think that would pull the battery down that bad without something attached...ie charging...only used when motorcycle running? got bike on a charger now and will disconnect and not use and see if issue resolves...if so we know what the problem is.

Direct replacement battery for all Honda CRF models equipped from the factory with a battery. This battery weighs 1.30 pounds! Great way to save weight up high and get a battery with more starting power. 150 CCA.

• Lithium Ion Polymer technology
  • All components are designed, manufactured, assembled and packed in one location assuring high quality and consistency
  • Extremely lightweight, 50% - 70% lighter than standard batteries
  • Built-in LED test gauge
  • Increased cranking amps over lead acid batteries
  • Fast recharge, can be brought up to 90% charge in within 6 minutes
  • Easily 6 to12 times more cycle life compared to lead acid batteries
  • Long shelf life, up to 1 year before requiring recharging
  • Can be mounted in any position
  • No hazardous acid or heavy metals, non-explosive and non-combustible
  • No shipping restrictions!
  • More precise fitments, foam spacers are not required!

click the pick for link ....

wps-lithium-battery.jpg

• Like 3

It's your cell charging kit! I have the EVO battery on my bike and I had the same problems. Temporarily I've removed the fuse from the USB cell phone charger to disconnect it. I put the fuse in if I need to use the charger. I will rewire the charger to a different circuit on the bike when I have more time so it is only powered when the bike is running. With the cell charger disconnected i have no problems with the EVO battery.

• Like 2

Put the original stock battery back on the bike and it fired up right away...appears the battery the dealership "so nicely" put on my bike after the EVO failure was a bad battery.

• Like 1

I would have got that evo back and asked the supplier for a refund.

I dont agree lithium batteries are only for racing because the military also use them for critical applications.

Positron, we called and battery had 30 day warranty, and since I had ordered parts before actually getting bike, was way past that. btw...first time trying to reply to post so wonder how this will show up...doesn't look right from here..

Guess I did that right..... 🙄

Positron, we called and battery had 30 day warranty, and since I had ordered parts before actually getting bike, was way past that. btw...first time trying to reply to post so wonder how this will show up...doesn't look right from here..

Guess I did that right..... 🙄

Aaahhh crap.

Hopefully your battery issue are soughted now.

30 day warranty!?

In my country, they say batteries are "wear parts", and that`s why you only get 6 months and not 12 months of warranty...

I think I`d have a hard time buying something with a 30 day warranty, doesn`t sound to me they trust their own product! (unless it`s something used, then I can understand)

I had my bike sitting for more than a month and it fired right up. I also have a 12V socket/usb port, but my dealer installed it so I have no idea what he did or didn`t do, but apparently it does not drain my battery.