Sign in to follow this  

XR250R baffle questions

I bought my 96 XR250R recently and the baffles had been removed from the stock exhaust and it is a little too loud. I have read that a older VW muffler tip will fit in there. Does anybody have the specifics on what is needed for that?

OR does anybody have an old baffle laying around that they will let go for cheap?

Anyother suggestions?

Thanks!

They are around $30 new from a dealer. Get a 350 tip for a bit more flow than stock.

I didnt check the dealer but the cheapest online price I could find was $90 which is more than I am willing to spend to keep my neighbors happy.

Check it out:

Discount Honda Parts

http://www.discounth...996&fveh=131713

ARRESTER, SPARK___18317-KCE-660 (replaces 18317-KCE-670)___Retail $51.07___Your price $37.92

GASKET, MUFFLER___18292-MV4-000___Retail $6.89___Your price $5.12

BOLT, FLANGE (6X10)___90101-KCE-000___Retail $2.09___Your price $1.55 get 3

I though the diffuser was what i needed to quiet it down. I am missing both the diffuser and the spark arrestor.

Edited by Washpa

I though the diffuser was what i needed to quiet it down. I am missing both the diffuser and the spark arrestor.

If you put both in you will quiet it down to almost nothing, same as stock. The spark arrestor alone will quiet it some. You can buy tips off ebay for a lot less than that diffuser. I put a350 baffle in the 250 I had (years ago) and it was nice, flowed and sounded better than stock, but not as loud as aftermarket.

If all you have is #3 in the schematic, then yes, you're missing both. I believe you have to have the spark arrestor installed for the diffuser to mount to.

If you can find a used end cap off of a 98 or newer XR400, it will fit your bike if you slot 2 of the mounting holes slightly and it will be plenty quiet.