Sign in to follow this  

Crf 250x starter is dead

Hey

My crf starter is dead. i was riding when i was going to start it up, pressed the butten and i started to turn and suddenly it stopped and i little ''click' sound came. And since this it sometimes was able to start it with the button and sometimes not, but now it is completely dead.

I have changed the button, magnetic relay. Tested ohm in the curcuit where the button is plugged into, i really dont know what else it can be, thanks

um.... do you think it could be the battery?. Hint, hint. Even if it charges to 12 volts it could still have a dead cell and not hold a charge very long. Try to jump it with a good battery.

Probably starter brushes worn, common

Probably starter brushes worn, common

but the starter is fine, i have opened it

Does the motor spin when you put live and earth to it?

If you have changed the switch and the relay then its either the fuse blown or a brake in the wire to starter, check live at starter, the other thing it could be is one of the new parts you put on is faulty other wise its a mistery????

If you have changed the switch and the relay then its either the fuse blown or a brake in the wire to starter, check live at starter, the other thing it could be is one of the new parts you put on is faulty other wise its a mistery????

fuse is fine and so is wiring. the parts have been tested on another bike, i really dont know what it can be, kinda strange