Sign in to follow this  

Having trouble with my 95 cr125

So I've basically Frankensteined this bike it runs now since i rebuilt the top end but it won't kickstart it does occasionally after I bump start it in 1st or 2nd gear and ride it for about 5 min I'm new to all of this, I'm sure its something simple but I'm not sure what else to try

Clean carb? Propper jetting? Good reeds? Fresh gas? Don't know what you have done, so it makes it tough to help.

Clean looking reeds, fresh gas, cleaned carb three times Haha I'm not sure on the propper jetting how would know if they are correct?

What does the plug look like? What is your current jetting? Where is your air screw set at?

The plug seems to be fine a little moist when I pull it out not sure on the jetting and the air screw I believe is a 3/4 turned I believe

I was having the same problem with my 94 CR125. It would not kickstart and I would have to push that bike a mile before it would start. Jetting was the culprit. It had a 58 pilot jet and a 178 main jet and it fouled every plug I put in it. Stock jetting is 58 pilot and 172 main. I switched to 55 pilot and a 165 main. Air screw is at 1.5 turns out. Starts first kick every time now. No more fouling. I also adjusted my float height to 16mm. Runs great now. I am running 32:1 with 91 octane. Hope this helps you out. I know it can get frustrating!!!

Edited by rickybobby351

I was having the same problem with my 94 CR125. It would not kickstart and I would have to push that bike a mile before it would start. Jetting was the culprit. It had a 58 pilot jet and a 178 main jet and it fouled every plug I put in it. Stock jetting is 58 pilot and 172 main. I switched to 55 pilot and a 165 main. Air screw is at 1.5 turns out. Starts first kick every time now. No more fouling. I also adjusted my float height to 16mm. Runs great now. I am running 32:1 with 91 octane. Hope this helps you out. I know it can get frustrating!!!

Oh wow that sounds like it may fix the issue, I'll check it out and look at buying new jets

Thanks^^^