Sign in to follow this  

Tm 250 help

I just bought a 2000 Tm 250e and man this thing has been severely neglected. Long story short, no water in radiators whatsoever, rear sprocket missing 80% of teeth, chain equally jacked, piston seized/ jug scarred, and hydraulic clutch master cylinder shot, and inner head o ring fried. I could easily kick it over one HANDED. Guy claims he had it running 2 days before I picked it up!, yeah right. Also front tire was flat and destroyed from what appears to have been ridden that way. Also ran 50:1 just cause he figured that was ok.

I have ordered piston kit, sent jug off for re plate to millennium, ordered hydraulic clutch re build kit, new sprocket, carb apart and presently soaking, new head or rings ,chain to be ordered soon.

Does anyone know how to adjust the carb on these. 45 pilot and 178 main jet. All my experience is with 2 stroke Polaris jet skis and I don't know how to adjust these carbs. I live at sea level and I think the jets are probably ok but I wanna set the carb up rich to start out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe I missed something in that article I didn't really see anything that pointed me toward how to adjust my carb. No disrespect maybe I just read it wrong. I can rebuild it fine I just don't know how to adjust the "clips" whatever that is and the screws.