Sign in to follow this  

NewYork Unadilla Info

I'm heading up from Florida to Unadilla national mx. Any info for me? Stuff to bring? Best viewing spot? Can you bring coolers and chairs? Is it worth getting pit passes? this is our first national. I've taken the kids to many SX's but nationals don't get too far south. Any advice would be great. We are staying in Utica Friday and Sat night.

come on my northern friends. don't leave me hangin here...

Bring an umbrella...........If it rains you'll need it.............If it doesn't rain you'll need it. Take a walk around and view from different places. We usually stood at the top of the hill by Gravity Cavity. Not sure on the coolers and such.

You can bring coolers, but no glass or alcohol of any kind. And no weapons or fireworks either.

A lot of people bring chairs and everything and pick a spot to stay all day. I wander around all day and carry as little as possible.

I get to a national in time to watch all the timed qualifying (around 8:00). If you or anyone you're with doesn't like the idea of being outside in usually very hot weather for 10+ hours maybe just plan on watching the motos (noonish).

• Like 1

Pit passes are definitely cool. If you want to get the full experience, yes. Other than that I would bring a back pack with water and such. Umbrella is a good idea too. Be prepared, there will be people EVERYWHERE

Be ready to walk alot, good sneaks or walking shoes. It's big and every spot has a different and great view...walk around alot. The "Sky shot" is pretty awesome to watch up close . Have sunscreen too

Sorry not much help either. This year will be my first time. I'll be staying in Utica at the Red Roof Inn as well on Friday. 100$ for a night whereas everything else was 130$ ish and seemingly the same. I'd like to get there by 8 to watch practices although that'll be a long day for my GF who's not really into MX as me. Weather looks good. High 70s and partly cloudy so hopefully it's not too hot. I say go for pit passes. That's gotta be as cool as the races, just being up close to the rigs and riders.

I went last year with my girl friend and had a great time. We went up the morning of an arrived shortly before the 1st motos. Still on the fence about coming up this wknd but if we do it'll be Friday night. I can't justify $200 each for those pit passes.