Sign in to follow this  

two trucks im looking at, help me decide

Good thing i went with the chevy :goofy: 5.3l 08 loaded, beck up sensors, flowmaster, brand new brakes, all maintenence done at 100k miles, with receipts, best thing is im getting around 19 mpg! Absolutely no dings, immaculate condition

20130712_133211_zpsc1af1451.jpg

20130712_192524_zps35de0f63.jpg

20130712_192532_zps9a8933b7.jpg

20130712_192557_zpsc845e5d9.jpg

20130712_192608_zps48653b6f.jpg

20130712_192624_zps58c6a02b.jpg

20130712_192657_zpsa47200fb.jpg

20130712_192706_zpsb6f80512.jpg

20130712_192723_zps0ec07556.jpg

20130712_192731_zps4ed5fa5e.jpg

Edited by Tony477g

Congrats on the new truck man! gms are my favorite. I want one of those but im still too young and gas prices are 1.50 per litre in bc. Now you just need a liftkit and mud boggers

• Like 1

Congrats on the new truck man! gms are my favorite. I want one of those but im still too young and gas prices are 1.50 per litre in bc. Now you just need a liftkit and mud boggers

my dad was telling me i needed some bigger rims, i think these 20s are nice though! Later ill put a lift for now leveling kit, these trucks stock are already sitting tall. its actually weird, my original paln was to buy a dodge 08 with a hemi, my bud who loves silverados made me look them up and right when i did this one showed up! never did i think i would find a 2008 chevy for 15k, maybe if it had over 200k miles!

my dad was telling me i needed some bigger rims, i think these 20s are nice though! Later ill put a lift for now leveling kit, these trucks stock are already sitting tall. its actually weird, my original paln was to buy a dodge 08 with a hemi, my bud who loves silverados made me look them up and right when i did this one showed up! never did i think i would find a 2008 chevy for 15k, maybe if it had over 200k miles!

And a 4x4 at that

And a 4x4 at that

It was a ridiculously good deal, this guy didn't plan on selling the truck just because when he did his last oil change he put new brakes on the front and back, he gave me receipts to everything that was done on the truck. Every 30k miles he did the services it needed and at 90k he did the 100k mile service. Only reason he did sell it was because his dad was giving him a better deal on a 2011 chevy, i gave him the money at the bank and right then he made the check to his dad, the one thing i dont like is the limo tint, its going to take a little getting used to

You can't find a deal like that here in bc. I've noticed that they sit pretty high stock.

You can't find a deal like that here in bc. I've noticed that they sit pretty high stock.

You cant find one here either! I just got lucky, i really gave up on silverados because for 15 it was 200k miles with the old classic body, my uncle just bought himself a 2013 duramax z71, stock the back end seems to be a bit taller than mine, interior though bascially the same truck, hes putting a 6 inch lift on it soon though, so hes going to beat me in how nice it looks

It was a ridiculously good deal, this guy didn't plan on selling the truck just because when he did his last oil change he put new brakes on the front and back, he gave me receipts to everything that was done on the truck. Every 30k miles he did the services it needed and at 90k he did the 100k mile service. Only reason he did sell it was because his dad was giving him a better deal on a 2011 chevy, i gave him the money at the bank and right then he made the check to his dad, the one thing i dont like is the limo tint, its going to take a little getting used to

You'll be breaking out the razor blade after the first time you have to back up in a dark parking lot.

You'll be breaking out the razor blade after the first time you have to back up in a dark parking lot.

Ive got back up sensors as well, so wont be too bad

Ive got back up sensors as well, so wont be too bad

I've never been able to trust a sensor that isn't my eyeballs and a mirror.

• Like 1

I've never been able to trust a sensor that isn't my eyeballs and a mirror.

Well after driving in darkness tonight you are correct, i hate the limo tint! I can see out of my windows really, the back one i can but the sides are really dark, really all i can see are headlights. sensors work good though

You won't regret this decision. The LS1 makes any Pentastar motor look like shit, and the 4.7's in Dodges LOVE to break valve springs and have valves get stuck.

My suggestion would be to leave the truck stock and drive it normally. If you start molesting it, you'll have problems.

But a nice Cat-back exhaust wouldn't be bad to hear the voice of the LS1. Don't bother with welfare wheels, lift kits, tint and all that crap. That shit will actually depreciate your new purchase.

It's already got a flowmaster exhaust, funnest thing is just stepping on it and hearing it roar, i try not to though just cause of the bad mileage, its only a once in a while thing :ride: I actually like these stock rims, the only thing that will go on are some new all terrain tires, but not huge. K and n air filter (I put it on all my cars) and a leveling kit other than that the truck is staying the way it is.

You won't regret this decision. The LS1 makes any Pentastar motor look like shit, and the 4.7's in Dodges LOVE to break valve springs and have valves get stuck.

My suggestion would be to leave the truck stock and drive it normally. If you start molesting it, you'll have problems.

But a nice Cat-back exhaust wouldn't be bad to hear the voice of the LS1. Don't bother with welfare wheels, lift kits, tint and all that crap. That shit will actually depreciate your new purchase.

Congrats on what looks like a brand new truck! I'm in need of a good deal like that up here in MN!

After washing it completely it has maybe 3 dings on the whole truck, not bad for a 5 year old truck! I had been looking at trucks for a while and when this one popped up at first i thought it was a scam just because he didnt have a phone number. I decided to email him and i was the first one out of a ton of people. Finally responded and gave me his number and i ended up with an 08 for for 15k!

I'm so hijacking that description!

I'm so hijacking that description!

Isn't it great? However I can not take credit for coming up with that one. ...