Sign in to follow this  

Hand Gaurd question?

I am looking for some hand guards (barkbusters) for my 09 300 xc-w. I am considering the Cycra Probend CRM. Do these work well with the stock KTM bars? Also, it seems there are several mounting options -- which works the best?

Thanks for the input...

Gsev

The CRM mounts are awesome. I use them with stock bars and the work great. The only other option I would consider would be the brp mount.

Another vote for Cycra CRM's.

I've had both and prefer the BRP top clamp mount because it leaves a little more room on the bars. My stock ktm bars are cut down 2" (1" on each side) my EE hand guards fit exactly perfect on the innermost mounting hole with zero adjustment or bending required. The Cycras were top notch, but the added space on the bars and the perfect fitment cause me to give the nod to the BRP set up.

2E90F0F3-3FAD-4356-AE86-D7EEB394CE33-5462-000003E7B7406B2A_zps3004edca.jpg

Acerbis Rally Pro for me with the Bonz mounts. SOLID! I tried Cycra but I have never had luck with their fit (they end up too far from the mount point and they either needed flexing or spacer to work=crap).

That's what I had on my CRF250x and they were built rock solid. I laid the bike a few times and hand guards took the abuse. Looking for a set for my KTM. Acerbis it is!