Sign in to follow this  

repairing airbox

hellomy airbox got a little warm and it melted from the exhaust so now it has a huge hole in the bottom. a new box is over $70 and so im going to try and fix it myself. has anyone done this before and how should i try to do it? i was thinking waterproof JB weld or trying to melt in a new piece of plastic... any help would be awesome.

thanks.

hellomy airbox got a little warm and it melted from the exhaust so now it has a huge hole in the bottom. a new box is over $70 and so im going to try and fix it myself. has anyone done this before and how should i try to do it? i was thinking waterproof JB weld or trying to melt in a new piece of plastic... any help would be awesome.

thanks.

How big is huge? 1 sq. in. 2 sq. in.? Is the whole bottom gone? The reason I ask...It's sort of difficult to offer reasonable advice, not knowing the true extent of the damage. Pics are helpful.

thanks.

If you find the right type of plastic you can plastic weld a patch in with a soldering gun. They seem to get the plastic to the perfect temp. I did this with my gas tank because i couldnt afford another at the time and its still holding strong. If not, im sure any type of plastic and the waterproof jb weld would work just fine for a while.