Sign in to follow this  

First time with the LRP in the dirt. Didn't go very well.

Just a few minutes into my first trail ride, my wheels came out from beneath me and I dumped the bike in to a deep ditch. Shattered collar bone and broken shoulder blade. Goin into surgery today to reconstruct the collar bone. 6 month recovery with aggressive rehab.

The bike looks fine but might need new mirrors...and better tires.

This ride played out much differently in my head. My pride took he worst of it.

It was a gravel rail bed after a rain. More user error than anything. Feel like an idiot......a very painful idiot.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your surgery and recovery. Be positive buddy cause it could always be worse. At least your alive and can still walk.

• Like 2

Ahh sh1t don't feel too bad. Everyone has accidents, even the pros.

Hope you were riding with a friend, and he looked after you.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

Highly recommend doing advanced rider training. as well as offroad rider training, to build your confidence back up.

A big part of riding is confidence, if you lose that, when you get in a sticky situation you will freeze up and look at what you are going to hit and then hit it.

It really sucks having an accident but don't let it get you down.

• Like 2

ay, sorry to hear this. :( damn.

Like Positron says. It's not pride, it's confidence. ...It all doesnt work the way it did when we were very young.

Yes, tyres. :-/ That is why i'm thinking i compromise road for dirt road, even if it ends up being only 2% offroad. i just cannot agree with all the people saying their 90% road "adventure bike" tyres are ok offroad. Like Sirac and Anakee. In my experience, even knobblies are like riding on marbles unless you you drop the pressure.

• Like 2

Ahh Shit Tim !!! :foul:

I am so sorry this has happened to you .. :(

I wish you a full and speedy recovery ... sometimes weird stuff just happens. I went off the highway at 85mph on a 2004 Kingpin and all I got was a little sore for a couple of weeks. I have had serious tumbles on dirt bikes and just got dusty. Got thrown off a dirt bike once at low speed and messed my back up for a year :shocked:

So we just never know .... :excuseme: I hope to see you back in the saddle soon my friend ... 👍

Always keep in mind your are more than welcome here while you recover .... :cheers:

P.S.

Was it the rocks that banged you up so bad. ...... I really need to get me some gear ... :prof:

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 3

G, get the gear. Boots, knee guards and elbow guards, easy, but i dunno what to do about shoulder and collar bone protection. Maybe one of those pressure suit things...i dunno which is the best...maybe something else to spend hours reading about on advrider.

• Like 1

G, get the gear. Boots, knee guards and elbow guards, easy, but i dunno what to do about shoulder and collar bone protection. Maybe one of those pressure suit things...i dunno which is the best...maybe something else to spend hours reading about on advrider.

2012-Fox-Racing-Titan-Sport-Jacket-Black-634822152563487925.jpg2012-Fox-Racing-Titan-Sport-Jacket-White.jpg

• Like 2

I wear the THOR version of this 'flak vest' call it my "Klingon" battle vest. Back flexable protector and kidney belt are a must. Once you get it 'fitted' does good job...still broke two ribs and clavical in 11 wearing it.

http://www.thormx.com/products/?productGroupId=582&productId=114253

Remember it is not a matter of if.....but when.

Edited by oldsoldier173
  • Like 5