Sign in to follow this  

ok need help with removing throttle body injector (for EJK)

i have all the plastics off, i can squeeze one hand into the middle or reach it with a flat head screwdriver... what/where is pressure needed to remove that damn thing? is it pinch from the sides and lift up? is it from the back (closer to rear wheel) and up? i've watched the EJK install video but it shows AFTER it is plugged in, not actually removing that damn thing... 🙂

ok answering my own post...had to lift the gas tank to get enough of a grip to get that sucker off... so now the EJK is 'connected' which seems easy enough because those ends only fit one way...yet when i turn the ignition key the EJK led's just flash geen/red at the ends. i have not tried starting the bike..rechecked the connections of both ends and they are firmly snapped into the connectors, i don't see how they can be 'wrong' because they won't even seat if trying to turn... so now of course i'm in a state of 'ah sh*t' what did i do... sigh.

continuing to talk to myself (that's normal, right?) it was normal behavior. need to actually READ the directions and START the bike..at which point it all worked just fine. Will provide some feedback as the only other mods I have are the 13T, removed air snorkel and swapped to the DNA filter. Talking to tech at EJK he recommended not using the "EJK defaults" as they are probably too rich and gave me some suggested settings to try. Should be able to try out today and follow up. My only 'tip' out of all of this, take the 10 minutes to lift up the gas tank in order to easily reach the connector. If I had done that as part of the first step instead of fighting trying to squeeze my hand in there, this would have been a 20 minute operation 🙂

Managed to just squeeze my hand in there to fit mine without removing the tank. It confused me a bit too when the red and green lights flashed.

So, what it means (what Dobeck said) is that with the air filter mod but with the stock exhaust, the EJK default settings would be too rich?

yep, exactly right Cat. too rich if using the stock exhaust and air box w/out the air holes.

'm not quite ready to drill any holes yet but maybe i will start 'small' i suppose its an easy enough fix but having been stuck riding home unexpectedly in some heavy rain, not sure i want to mess with holes in anything 😉

I raised my tank and didn't have any problems. Glad you got it on there.

so did a quick around block (couple miles) test... i guess my review would be summed up by 👍:ride:

what i noticed the most, and i am not using the "stage 1 settings" as i still have factory exhaust:

- cruise to acceleration actually MOVED me back in my seat. now i'm not saying it was crazy, going to throw me off my seat, but it actually did move me back..in 5th and in 6th. so if cruising along at 50mph and i go WOT, there is actual acceleration, no delay, instant bike speeding up.

- first 4 gears can fly by in a hurry if you want

unknown of course what type of hit on mpg will be the side effect. for the time to install and the price it sure seems well worth it. for reference i'm using 2-2-3-5-4-4.5 settings, which if i'm reading the charts right is still under the "stage 1" performance for acceleration and full throttle. this mod stuff is becoming fun! :goofy:

• Like 3

yeah, getting stuck in the rain, that sucks, not worth it.

There's no evidence that it does any good, so far....if it increases induction noise, change in sound is sometimes...you're trying to feel if what you did changed the performance, but the bike sounds different when you open the throttle,so it's confusing.

If you want to try, though, iirc, the airbox lid is only about $12. But you could try holes in the top...? That wouldn't be a problem in rain like the side/lid.

PS: ooh! new post while i was writing. Cool! And that's with the standard exhaust sound, so no confusion with different sound when you accelerate, so that's pure performance increase 🙂

Those EJK settings, i should add that to the specs file i made - all the EJK settings, so it's easy to find - or easier.

Edited by Cat ji

Sweet!!!! Good job! Is that with the 13t sprocket to? I only lost about 10 mpgs with the EJK. But when your getting 70 mpgs stock, it's well worth it. Better than 15 that my truck gets. And heck of a lot funner too.

@CRSFan yes I have the 13T sprocket as well.

pure performance increase, no question about it!

• Like 1

I had no problem at all unplugging the injector from the side without moving the tank. But I have small hands and Im a mechanic so im used to unplugging electrical crap like this every day haha.

• Like 2

I installed the Stage One Kit this evening. I was able to get the connector off the injector without taking the tank off. Guess I got lucky, I didn't have any trouble with the rear sprocket bolts. I used a hex socket to hold it and put the wrench on the nut and used my dead blow hammer to break them loose. I only have one question. Where in the hell is the connector for the Speedo Correction module? I admit that I didn't start looking until all of the other work was done so I was hot and tired and just a little impatient. I will look again tomorrow.

Can't wait to fire it up in the morning and hear the Braaaaappp[! My neighbors may be po'd at me.

• Like 1

Im not sure, I havnt put my speedoDRD on yet since I havnt messed with the sprockets on yet. But the speed sensor is near the front sprocket I believe.

. Where in the hell is the connector for the Speedo Correction module

Can anyone explain or post a picture of where this thing is. Just finished putting the sprockets on and cant seem to find it. Any help is much appreciated.

Ok found it. Thanks positron, I was able to get out by taking both side covers off and sliding it out. 

Edited by MrCoty

the speedo corrector was a bitch to get to...  i use my piercing clamps to pull it off and put the speedo dr back on...  whatever works right... lol

as for the holes in the side cover in the rain, well i ride rain or shine. i rode during the tropical storm we had and rode through a foot and a half of water. not a drop in my air box and i used bel-ray filter oil on my push in vents...  there was not a drop of water in the vents, or around them or on the filter itself... i also gasket sealed my vents into the lid for extra protection and so they cant vibrate out...  i bought a new stock lid in case i didn't want them anymore or if i go woods riding and know i will be going through some water holes...  i always have duct tape in my rotopax storage box so i can tape off my vents if needed...  

• Like 2

the speedo corrector was a bitch to get to...  i use my piercing clamps to pull it off and put the speedo dr back on...  whatever works right... lol

I guess the most time was spent actually locating the connector.  😉 As said, 2 minutes to unconnect and connect with long pliers from the left side.

I have so small hands that I easily connected EJK from the left side also without removing anything.. (um yeah I don't have any silly EVAP stuff)

Edited by Hege

I guess the most time was spent actually locating the connector.  😉 As said, 2 minutes to unconnect and connect with long pliers from the left side.

I have so small hands that I easily connected EJK from the left side also without removing anything.. (um yeah I don't have any silly EVAP stuff)

that too... from the manual is was kind of hard to tell where it was at...  i felt like an idiot...  glad it was not just me...  darn little thing was hard to see... hahaha