Sign in to follow this  

Brammo Empulse R Electric - What say you?

Looks cool, they handle great, but that sound... It seems like a sugar free pie... The ear candy is missing! What say you? Think bikes of this type will ever get a foothold with the sport bike enthusiast? At least for me, the sound of a sweet engine is an integral part of the riding experience.
  • Like 1

I guess you have to be the type to slow down and roll your window down, so that you can hear a bike at a stoplight or rippin' buy. I do. Especially if it's a Ducati v twin growling & popping in decal. 😏

• Like 1

I hate electric bikes and electric cars. I don't hate hybrid cars but im not going to be a fan of them. V8s and 2 strokes are where it's at.

I test rode a Zero S and Zero DS and all I can say is WOW. I am a true moto guy, own an FZX700, YZ 2-stroke and I thought I hate silent bikes and though gas was it. Well, i was sooo impressed by these bikes. So fast, and I felt a Jetson with so much acceleration in complete silence. I couldn't help but smile and hoot and holler.

Acceleration is better than my FZX700 and weight is much less. There's no speculation for me ... electric bikes are in our future.

I also love the idea of having access to offroad areas where noise is always an issue. Been in one too many shoving matches with upset resident to feel any sentimentality toward my YZ 2 stroke sound.