Sign in to follow this  

Worn out caliper.

Well, being that I'm stuck with old stuff, since Kawi doesn't make 2 strokes anymore, my 250's rear caliper is wasted. The pads wore the fingers to a very obtuse angle. Nothing on ebay worth a damn.

So, for all you long-haulers, where has everyone found the best prices on OEM stuff? Look s like a new one gonna run me about $170 or more. I usually just order from RM but I'm starting to replace alot of OEM stuff now. It's just about worn out.

Well, being that I'm stuck with old stuff, since Kawi doesn't make 2 strokes anymore, my 250's rear caliper is wasted. The pads wore the fingers to a very obtuse angle. Nothing on ebay worth a damn.

So, for all you long-haulers, where has everyone found the best prices on OEM stuff? Look s like a new one gonna run me about $170 or more. I usually just order from RM but I'm starting to replace alot of OEM stuff now. It's just about worn out.

from what I've seen partzilla has lowest on oem mostly and then I just check which one of the two rm or motosport may have it in stock and have them pricematch to partzilla's price

Sappers....not sure what year your KX250 is, but it has been my experience that I can usually find the best prices on Kawasaki OEM parts for my KX100 and KDX200 from RonAyers.com. They also have really good pricing on Yamaha OEM.

I love RMATVMC....but have found their OEM prices are a bit higher

Cool, thanks. I've never heard of partzilla but they are the cheapest yet @ $162.xx. Damn. 2 Wilwood calipers for my old racecar was that much. :banghead:

EDIT: I found another one called procaliber.com. Their prices are awesome on OEM stuff. beating everyone else by at least 10%. They have the caliper for $147.xx

Edited by SAPPERS

Cool, thanks. I've never heard of partzilla but they are the cheapest yet @ $162.xx. Damn. 2 Wilwood calipers for my old racecar was that much. :banghead:

EDIT: I found another one called procaliber.com. Their prices are awesome on OEM stuff. beating everyone else by at least 10%. They have the caliper for $147.xx

just make sure that they actually stock parts and dont drop ship everything because sometimes they wont pricematch a drop shipper :( I have never ordered anything from partzilla, I just used them for pricematch purpose for co's I use.

Just look on kawasaki.com and see what other bikes use that caliper. Several of the 2005 KX250 parts are also 2005 KX250F parts and you KNOW there are a LOT of blown up bikes being parted out on ebay.