Sign in to follow this  

2008 Kx450F Rear Brake Problem

Good day,

I have a 08 kx450f. My rear brake piston was sticking last year so i bought a new brake caliper to solve that problem. Now I can't get any pressure in the system at all. It wont close the pads any bit at all. It barely even squirts any fluid out of the bleed screw. Of course theres fluid in the holding tank. Any ideas? I'm thinking now that the seals in the master cylinder are worn out, even though I took it apart and everthing looked fine. Please share any ideas. Thanks

When I changed my front brake hose a few yeats ago. I bought a plastic syringes from wall mart (it's for measuring 2stroke premix)used it to suck fluid thru the line.made that patt of job a lot eazyer.

Hope this helps

Ernie

I'm with the earlier posters, the rear often wont self bleed out any air. You can try sitting the caliper on the ground and tap it and sometimes the air will move up. Leave it for 15 mins then come back and try pumping the master again. Or do as gonzo said and get a syringe and suck the air out the bleed nipple a few times while you top up the master res and pump it using the usual open+pump close+release technique. It's awkward on your own but you'll work it out.