Sign in to follow this  

05-08 crf450 rear end work with 02+ cr250 frame?

For the last couple of years I've been buying parts for a frame up build for a crf450r. Picked up a frame and swinger locally and started from there. Have pretty much everything besides motor, carb, coil, cdi.

I then run across a very nice xr650r and can't pass it up! The bike has been great but I want to have another smaller, snappier bike for trail riding.

I picked up an 02 cr250 frame and decided to keep the parts for the 450 that I aready have. Two smoke with more modern suspension!

Done quite a bit of research and have found the front end will bolt up fine. I also want to run a 96 or 01 engine in the 02 frame. New Top motor hangar mounts and 01 pipe from what I read will fit. Also right side radiator from 01.

Here's where my info gets murky... Will the 07 450 swinger, shock, linkage bolt up to the cr frame and rear engine mounts? any issues with rear brake lining up?

I've seen these conversions before, just unsure on the 07 crf450 rear end working. I read where the 02-04 crf swingers fit cr250 frame.

I may just sell the 450 rear end and get the correct cr stuff. Just trying to work with what I have already.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated!