Riders in PA please Watch!

What a joke no one in pa at rac wants to poison the freaking water we just want to ride our mother#####@^& bikes and unwind from a weeks worth of bs from the man.maybe they should rename hsa and name it for what it really is the gestapo.

What a joke no one in pa at rac wants to poison the freaking water we just want to ride our mother#####@^& bikes and unwind from a weeks worth of bs from the man.maybe they should rename hsa and name it for what it really is the gestapo.

...................oh man NSA might catch this.

When is the court date?

Let us know the outcome, please.

Honestly, I'm not surprised in the least you got some kind of fine or ticket.

Maybe back in the early 1970s it would have been OK, but these days?

C'mon.

Now, you know.

Know what?

That the ultimate goal is to have all land off-limits to everybody under the guise of protecting the environment.

After getting my share of "Hey, stop. No, you can't ride here." incidents starting back in the early 1980s, honestly, I believe if there IS someplace that's a powerline, open field, innocent-looking trail, or anyplace that's not an already-established off-road riding spot that's legal and legit, I don't know about it.

In other words, going out onto places like this and just hoping/guessing is simply a roll of the dice and basically comes down to whether or not somebody sees you.

Today, whenever I read or hear somebody saying something along the lines of the following, I just have to chuckle because I've been there, myself.

"Yeah, c'mon with us tomorrow - we're going to that place. No, nobody's ever stopped us, before, so we shouldn't have a problem..."

Edited by YZEtc

• 1 month later...

Did a little quick research, and this trespassing thing always comes up and is kind of a mystery as to who and where they cite you. We're not mindreaders, so if the land isn't posted, how are you supposed to know? Anyway, good luck, and followup after your hearing. I'd also say it depends on how they wrote it up. ATV loophole might work, and if they just said "trespassing", then you could try the fight from the law and case law below...

If you look up the trespass code - here

18 Pa.C.S. §3503(https://www.thumpertalk.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/cool.png

it says you're trespassing if you disobey a communication, posting, fence, etc...

also, if you look at this case law - here

Commonwealth v Sweeley, thought not quite the same kind of issue, lol. It says in section 433 -

If no precaution was taken, no reasonable expectation of privacy would exist, because such precautions are required to make a trespasser a defiant trespasser as defined in 18 Pa.C.S. §3503(https://www.thumpertalk.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/cool.png. If the precautions are not taken, public policy mandates a presumption that open lands are available for use by the public. Open lands that are not posted or fenced off are presumed open for recreational use by the public, especially in rural counties where hunting and outdoor activities are common.

Therefore, this court finds that an owner of open land who takes any precaution similar to those set forth in 18 Pa.C.S. §3503(https://www.thumpertalk.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/cool.png has a protected privacy interest under Article I, Section 8 in open fields which are not in open view to anyone on surrounding land or a reasonable distance above the land. Since no precautions were taken to exclude trespassers in this case, defendant could not have had a reasonable expectation of privacy.

I lost but they were half decent about it the judge was bias against bikes in my opinion here's a full explanation. I'm not even upset about it anymore I just hate the DCNR now

Sorry it didn't work out for you.  Although DCNR did their job and were repectful to you, I don't know why you would hate them, or think the judge is biased.  Being wrong sucks, and so does having to pay a fine, but you have to accept it.  I don't see the point in holding a grudge against either of them.