Sign in to follow this  

is a 2010 450sxf that much better than a 09 450xcf?

I picked up the low hour xcf...its was bought as a leftover and doesn't have a 6 months on the bike....it feels great. its my first four stroke. im wondering though if the 2010 sxf is that much better of a bike? a local dealer has one used...I could probably trade up with alittle cash for it.....im want to be sure it would be worth it.....basically the 10mm frame difference and shorter shock are the only things separating the two bikes....I could always put 22mm offset clamps on the 09....

does anyone have some solid opinions on the two? thanks

Yes, the 2010 450SXF handles better than the 09 450XCF, the 2010 450SXF is one of the lightest 450's KTM ever made (non linkage + carb), but the SXF is not a trail bike and requires suspension & gearing changes and maybe a Rekluse to make it a woods bike. Another consideration is number of hours on the 09 vs 2010? It really depends on what type of riding you do and whether the 2010 would be worth the change.

I picked up the 10...they gave me more than I paid for the trade in and the sxf was just a demo! Clear paper on it! Pretty happy...I only had to add 400 for doc fees and make up the difference. I would have had that in a new wheel

Edited by 800screws