Sign in to follow this  

04 KX125 NO POWERBAND

I Have A PROBLEM I JUST GOT A KX125 04 IT STARTS FIRST KICK BUT THE BIKE HAS VERY LITTLE POWER, LIKE THE POWERBAND IS GONE , WHEN IM IN 4TH GEAR THE BIKE ONLY GOES ABOUT 20-30 MPH HELP PLEASE

Check your air filter, general maintenance things first. Maybe your carb is way out. Was it always like this? If not what happened when it changed? Need more info and THERE'S NO NEED TO USE ALL CAPS

Also I doubt your powerband is missing but ill keep my eyes out for it and return it if I see it.

Edit: Actually I'd just bring it to the repair shop if I were you.

Edited by runnybunny

Clean your powervalve by spraying wd40 on it. It's loaded with half burnt 2 stroke oil residue that can get as thick as tar. Most 2 strokes have some kind of cover at the top of the cylinder you can remove to spray the assembly to clean it.

Sounds like you should check your filter, then turn that grip on the right side of the handlebar a little bit more! The powerband may bite if you find it though so be careful.

Yeah, we have pretty much no information to work with here. "Very little power, like the power band ("power band" 😏 ) is gone", doesn't tell us much. We need things like, have you cleaned the carburetor? What jetting do you have? How much compression does it have? Have you checked to see if the exhaust valve system (KIPS) is free and working properly? Some concrete things to work with and somebody on here will most likely be able to point you in a direction to solve your problems. 👍

How fast does it go in 5th and 6th gear? Maybe if you find 5th and 6th the powerband will show up too?