Sign in to follow this  

Good aftermarket parts for trail riding

Hello TT,

Im buying a 2008 ktm 300xcw this weekend and i do a lot of trail riding. I was wondering what you guys recommend for trail riding. What parts do you guys find the best for trails? examples: barkbusters, skid plate, header guard. things of this nature. thank you :ride:

• Like 1

Barkbusters and a skid plate for sure. Other than that from what I hear you have an awesome trail bike straight from the factory. I would add the barkbusters and a skid plate and call it a day.

I'm not bothering buying a pipe guard because I still have the stock pipe and i'm looking for an excuse to buy aftermarket. If you like your pipe you could get one but not sure how much they really help.

Edited by GaDRZ400sMan

Hello TT,

Im buying a 2008 ktm 300xcw this weekend and i do a lot of trail riding. I was wondering what you guys recommend for trail riding. What parts do you guys find the best for trails? examples: barkbusters, skid plate, header guard. things of this nature. thank you :ride:

Since you already trail ride, I think you have a pretty good idea of what is needed. The basics would be to start with wrap around hand guards(acerbis, cycra, tusk etc) and a skid plate and the list can grow exponentially from there. Before going out though I would do a thorough inspection of the suspension, bearing re grease, fluid replacement, good tires with heavy duty tubes, properly set up suspension and jetting. This will give you a good idea as to what the bike may or may not need and you go from there.