Removing Powder Coat

If the wire brush is working well, get a wire wheel for a drill, maybe even a knotted one. But be careful, wire wheels love to take your skin off :devil:

At first I was like that sounds great! But then I read the last part and I think I'm gonna have to pass on that

It is pretty hard to strip but some stuff called aircraft stripper which you should be able to find at most parts stores will make it easier. You need to soak it in it though so how big of a piece are you trying to strip? and it wont take it off but just make it softer and easier to get off. you should think if it will be worth the time and effort to strip the part or if you should just replace it, Ebay has some pretty sweet deals sometimes, even on big stuff like frames.

It is pretty hard to strip but some stuff called aircraft stripper which you should be able to find at most parts stores will make it easier. You need to soak it in it though so how big of a piece are you trying to strip? and it wont take it off but just make it softer and easier to get off. you should think if it will be worth the time and effort to strip the part or if you should just replace it, Ebay has some pretty sweet deals sometimes, even on big stuff like frames.

I had to split my case to replace a bent shift fork and I figured I'd repaint it before I put it all back togeather. I ordered a bottle of the aircraft stripper

wire wheel on a angle grinder and a die grinder with sanding bits

I have a die grinder actually I should've thought of that sooner