Sign in to follow this  

Really mad

Today I went out and got all my junk together and tore off the valve cover and everything, ready to put a feeler gauge in my tappets and I can't get my tdc plug or the other one out. I actually pulled something in my groin trying to get it off. Wouldn't come off at all, wouldn't even budge... Should I get an Allen socket and stand on it or something? Why do they freeze up like that?

Just heat it up a little with a heat gun. It will come out. I had one stuck bad on a crf. Used a socket with a cordless impact driver. 2 little raps with the impact and it was loose. Think the aluminum on aluminum seizes.

Hitting things that aren't nails with a hammer usually will get you in trouble, don't have an impact gun either. I'm just a regular dude, you know. My garage is not a NASCAR race shop. I'm going to get a Allen socket and stand on a cheater bar, that will probably work. Anti seize will be applied.

Be careful, it's real easy to strip those plugs. I just got done replacing mine because I stripped them... As far as heating them up.... When I had the issue someone suggested either a blow dryer or starting the engine for a while to heat it up......

• Like 1

Be careful, it's real easy to strip those plugs. I just got done replacing mine because I stripped them... As far as heating them up.... When I had the issue someone suggested either a blow dryer or starting the engine for a while to heat it up......

Yo, looking at your Avatar i ride bikes and play the guitar too. Cool strat !!

Got those cock suckin bastards off I took my t handle Allen key, after I got the engine hot as blazes and used a box end wrench as a cheater and stood on that bitch. Totally ridiculous.

Got those cock suckin bastards off I took my t handle Allen key, after I got the engine hot as blazes and used a box end wrench as a cheater and stood on that bitch. Totally ridiculous.

Yep, I stripped mine, had to route it out a little and use a punch and hammer to get it out.