Sign in to follow this  

Hard Decisions

Cant go wrong with a honda or a suzuki. If you havent grown up on a kawi I would run as far away from that bike and hide in a corner. Reliability is a crap shot and they handle like pigs. Best handling bikes are suzukis followed by hondas. Same goes for suspension. I would pick the suzuki 125 over a honda because of the showa suspension not to mention the awesome motor they have. The 250s would be dead even for my pick as they are both great bikes. If your budget is a bit more the aluminum frame yz's arent bad but they will never handle like a suzuki.

I bought an 06 RM250 a couple months ago. Wow! Fast, and broad, usable power, and very quick-revving. It handles awesome! It feels very nearly as nimble as the aluminum-chassis YZ125 I recently sold. It's not quite the low-rpm tractor that my dad's 03 YZ250 is, but overrev is better. I'm very satisfied with the bike, apart from the hardware being smaller and lower-quality than my old Hondas or even my Yamaha.

Well, I think I've made up my mind. And its.....none of the above! Since I'm hopefully getting a job soon, and will hopefully be working 25 hours a week. With min. wage at $10 that works out to around a grand a month. A dealer near me has 2 2013 RMZ250's left in stock. FOR $6000 A POP!! :jawdrop: If they still have one in stock once I have the cash, Ill be getting in the truck with dad and making the hour drive to the dealer, doing the paperwork & stuff, and heading home with a brand new RMZ :ride: But if they dont, I'll be saving a little more and buying either a left over 12/13 RMZ/CRF250 or a leftover 12/13 125/150SX or 150/250XC. I think they will though, seeing as the dealer is tucked away in the outskirts of a small town, and not many people know about them. Any tips to help saving, besides dont spend any? Any recommendations for a bike besides a Kawi?

• Like 1

The RMZ is a great bike , check out the YZ250F .. I don't know the prices but the Yamaha is a good product .

I've heard nothing but good stuff about Yamaha's and reliability. The two go together like peanut butter & jelly as my friend says lol. The only thing is though, I'd rather a 2 stroke than 4, but this RMZ is $500 cheaper than a YZ125, and I can get a 13 150sx for $6500 plus freight &pdi and shipping, so like $7300-$7500, and I think a new 13 or 14 YZ250F is like $7500 = freight & PDI. Whatever the best deal I can find once I have saved enough is what I'll get I guess. If it had to be a 250f I'd choose the YZ but for a smoker, Katoom all the way.