Sign in to follow this  

Ordering Parts for 2000 RM125

Sorry for making so many new topics on the forum, I just have so many questions about my bike. On Parts Bandit, it says the shift forks for a 2000 RM125 are interchangeable through 96-08. Would that be correct or would only the shift forks for a 96-00 work? Also, since its second gear that slipping, which shift fork would it be, No.1, No.2, or No.3 ? Would I be better off pulling they engine and bringing the tranny with the clutch removed into a mechanic and having him do it for me, or attempt to do it my self? Im on a budget and are trying to keep it as cheap as possible.

As answered in your last post on this matter, only a fool would go and order parts on a tranny problem untill its taken apart. From what you described, myself and others believe its a gear problem. So why do you insist on shift fork?. As I told you, if it shifts smoothly without the engine running, the forks are doing their job. You cannot pull the tranny out without splitting the cases, so if you take it that far, why bring a bucket of parts to a dealer? Follow the advice already given to you.

I asked which shift fork controls 2nd gear, if it fits years through 96-08 or just 96-00, and if I'd be better off to split the cases myself or have a mechanic do it. Regardless if its a gear problem or the shift forks, I'm going to replace 2nd gear & the shift fork. That way, when I replace the one broken of 2 parts that mainly cause the problem, I dont have to worry about the other part going 2 or 3 hours later. Like, if its the drive dogs on 2nd, I'll replace both, so if the shift fork was still working, but was weakend and going to go soon, I wont have to worry about because I will have a fresh one in there, and vice versa.