Sign in to follow this  

05 rm 125 mpg

To whom it may concern

33.358233 MPG (my tracks GPS smartphone app)

My speedo is slightly off According to my GPS. Must recalibrate

.02606112 ounces per mile

Stock pipe

Pro Circuit type 296 silencer

370 main

37.5 pilot

2nd clip

Woods and trail riding.

80 to 85 degrees f

Fairly humid

+ or - an oz or two (closer to 1oz)

• Like 1

depending on how hard you ride. because that's 67 mpg to a tank, I go threw at tank in an hour, which equals about 30 miles

• Like 1

Woods and trail, Not motocross

I'm sure many circumstances would change that number, even if slight change in the air screw. I was just stating my FACTS for my terrain. It's important for me to know. Can I go forward another 3 miles or must I return?

Nick, Your MPG is unclear. All you know is, hay I'm Out of gas or hey there's some gas left. No offense. I don't know, but I bet different MX tracks would produce different mpg's even with the same bike and set up. I even think my specs might slightly change with temperature and humidity changes. Regardless, it is information I need and now I have a basepoint.

113.41799 miles with a IMS 3.4 Gallon tank. I also installed a Kdx Reserve petcock on both my tanks. My IMS tank also has its own hardware and radiator shrouds. Gotta love ebay. Makes for an easy swap because I loctite the hardware.

Francis

gps miles aren't real accurate in trails that wind and turn, you likely went a bit farther?

Yup, GPS works great in a straight line for calculating or verifying mph, throw in some curves and a few switch backs and it's distance function is only good enough to be "pretty close" but nothing more.

And as always "your mileage may vary".

with an actual gps device you can set your track points closer together for more accuracy in the woods , "most often" on my 2 Garmins. The OP said he was using his phone app, not sure how often they calculate? or even can be adjusted?

error in odo's, guess that's why they have resets in enduro's , LOL

Edited by highmarker

Wow! I have found that our RM125 gets only slightly better mileage than our RM250. Both are set up for, and ridden in tight woods.

250: 15-20 MPG

125: 20- maybe 25