Sign in to follow this  

99 Suzuki ds80 what is it worth? HELP ASAP

I have a 99 ds80 (five speed clutch detuned air cooled rm80 motor) with new chain and sprockets, new rear tire, all new hoses (including oil injection lines), carb clean, fork oil change, good front tire, and lots of other repairs done. Only problems are the kick starter is broken but could be welded (I have always push started it since I bought it)

I'm rebuilding the engine in my toy (postal jeep) and need the money for the parts, but I need it ASAP, its on CL for $500 right now and nobody is serious with me

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1373682063.355866.jpg

Every thing works (except kick start) and it runs mint

Broken kick start is gonna severely limit the number of potential buyers. I see "I just push start it" as a sign that the owner wasn't real good with maintenance or simple things like tightening a loose kick_starter bolt. Thus the rest of the bike is gonna have issues. That's why you're not getting interest. You may have to invest $50 to make $100.

• Like 1

Broken kick start is gonna severely limit the number of potential buyers. I see "I just push start it" as a sign that the owner wasn't real good with maintenance or simple things like tightening a loose kick_starter bolt. Thus the rest of the bike is gonna have issues. That's why you're not getting interest. You may have to invest $50 to make $100.
well it's over $100 dollars to replace the kick starter and shaft, I'm going to weld it (when I weld on sealed shafts I put a wet rag between the shaft and weld and go lightly) I lowered the price to 400 (there's one that that runs and drives for $500 with a completely shot rear tire)

And it's been broken since I bought it, the po was horrible on that stuff, should have seen the sprockets and chain lol!! But they always kept oil and fresh gas in it!