Another dr650 jetting issue

Ok so I went from a dr200 to a stock 2007 dr650. I bought a DG r-series slip on and a dynojet jet kit. I installed the exhaust and the jet kit as per instructions tonight and have some issues. I used the 155 main with the dynojet needle and c clip on the 4th from the top, omitted the washer etc.. My problem is that the bike pukes out when you crack the throttle in 2nd, 3rd and up. It you steady accelerate, it's ok but does run rough at higher rpm. I fiddled with the mixture screw and got better the more closed it was turned. No air box mod aside from removing the snorkel. Should I go a jet bigger to the 160? Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh I live in Buffalo, NY if that helps for elevation purposes?

Figured out my problem. Just needed to remove the air box lid. I did that and ran like a top. I installed the 170 main jet, c clip in the 5 slot from the top instead of recommended 4, few turns out of the mixture screw for the idle and she pulls/cruises nicely!

Did the dynojet kit come with a template to modify the top of the air box? The most common way to improve air flow is to remove the snorkle and modify the top of the air box and leave the air filter service door in place. If you removed the door you will most likely loose the square nuts in the slots in the air box that the cover screws thread into.

Tech25

Impossible to say remotely. You're there, I'm not. BUT, I've never read about anyone running a Mikuni 170 main (other jet makers may use a different numbering system) and the needle in the richest position. That sounds very rich to me even with and open airbox and pipe. Very rich can result in cylinder washing.