Sign in to follow this  

2000 cr125 bottom end

As in, weaker then a factory hit or you just want....

r6wc.jpg

You can change the gearing and even the jetting for better response. Depending on how much you weigh, 125s don't have much bottom end. I trail rode 3 different 125s for a summer at 185lbs and it was a challenge. Made me a better rider though. I actually had to pick a line and keep it on the pipe to get up a hill. Now with my problematic 250 and low gearing I crawl over everything.

Edited by Blaze45

Compared to other 125's it really weak I'm strugling in the woods and I want to take it to the dunes but still hit the track too. The bike is running fine but feels really weak and I have to stay on the pipe as much as possible to have power :blink:

Can I change sprockets for more bottom but still keep power in the higher range?

I'm not bad at riding woods but my buddy's are slow and tight single track with obstacles are a pain in the rear :angry:

I already have the pwk as carb should I just change the sprocket depending the place I'm riding .? Idk why these bikes came so underpowered on the low end but once you get on pipe it hauls a$$ 🙂

There's really not much more you can do to these bikes unless you want to spend more money on porting/head mods/more displacement. They're just not meant to be lugged down low. I bought my '01 to have a mid to top-end screamer, knowing it won't have any bottom end power.

Yeah its not a big deal but I don't want to wear out the clucth really fast from having to feather it everywhere this bike is temporarily until I clean it up and sell it other than the lowend I've had no problems or complaints about this bike

If you continue to do woods riding, and occasional hills depending on your weight you will blow the clutch. I did, then I bought a 250 2 stroke. Depending on your weight, the 125s are bad at the dunes. I didn't enjoy them at all and even had one pop out in the middle of no where. That was a long day.