Sign in to follow this  

Insane stunting on a 2-smoke

Whoa now, someone's got something to prove! I think I smell a troll in the making.

Why are some people so obsessed with making sure everyone else around them knows what's "the real deal" (in their opinion, however worthless)? 🙄

"Those who know do not speak. Those who speak do not know." -Lao Tsu

^How revealing...!

You know what makes that first video worth watching? No one else is doing that sort of stuff, simple as that. Not any of your freestyle gods, not any stunters, not even trials riders. They aren't doing rolling endos swerving between traffic cones and up trailers, 540 wheelies, or jumps off a moving trailer. Show me another video with all of that. This guy makes trials riders look style-less and stunters look slow and relatively boring. But his riding in that video has so little in common with freestyle MX that its not worthy of a comparison. That's like comparing flatland BMX riding with DJ riding. Sure some dude riding one style could transfer over to the other, but what's your point? They have relatively little in common. Doing tricks while flying through the air at high speeds versus doing tricks at extremely slow speeds almost exclusively on the ground...hmm. So what your freestyle gods could probably do that same stuff!?

Whoa now, someone's got something to prove! I think I smell a troll in the making.

+1

nice skills, doing well at a young age. liked the stoppie through the witches hats.

Witches hats, that's a good one. I was thinking dunce hats...either is comical just like that first video. I'm watching it over and over because the diversity of techniques he displays is epic. A lot of stunting videos are just circle wheelies on sport bikes and even the supermoto stunters do too many circle wheelies and don't mix it up as much as they could if they were thinking outside the box like this guy. I think people could be doing on regular supermotos what this guy does on his ultra lightweight 2 stroke which probably at least 50 pounds lighter than the average SM. He's just the first to go this far in throwing any bike around in so many different ways and the lightweight makes it easy to do. Of course just having the balls and talent to throw any moto around like a BMX bike is what makes this rider on the leading edge of innovative moto technique, in my opinion. And riding a 2-stroke for stunting...I've seen a lot of stunting videos and read up on it a lot and I have never seen anyone stunting a 2-stroke except urban wheelie gangs in Baltimore and the like because they don't need plates to ride dirt bikes on the streets apparently (I think that's changing or may have already changed). Not too many people outside of that scene can ride 2-strokes on the street and and the few that do aren't stunt riders. This guy doesn't ride on the street it looks like but he has that play area and obviously has spent a lot of time on that bike.

Edited by RampartStalker

I'd like to see those skills get put to work in Endurocross. Hopefully, someone in the motorsports or movie stunt business will see this video and put this kid to work.

That was &%$#@!ing sick. He has only been riding for 3 years? That's nuts

Edited by dirtjumpordie

He posts his own videos on YouTube so I sent him a message with some thoughts...told him he should try moto trials moves to expand his arsenal, gave him some links to trials videos. He rides that light two-stroke and is obviously comfortable flying over stuff while staying in balance over the rear wheel the whole damn time so it only follows that if he had a studry skid plate and pipe guard he could probably wheelie up to an obstacle then bounce his front wheel over the leading edge so as to land the rear wheel on it with the upward momentum just like the trials guys. Trials move would follow from the riding style he already has since he's already flying all over the place and they would also really impress in my opinion. Just imagine this guy on a moto trials bike, KTM Freeride (either version), a modern KTM 2-stroke (300 XCW), or KTM's prototype stunt bikes (modified Dukes). There's a video of him doing good circle wheelies on a regular sport bike to prove he can handle bigger bikes too he's just too Evel Knievel to stay away from the 2-strokes. As long as he sticks with featherweight offroad bikes he should be able to do more trials things, riding off that picnic table showed he has the precision and obviously his slow speed skills are honed to phenom levels.

Edited by RampartStalker