Sign in to follow this  

Magura Blood?

About a month ago I decided to change out all the fluids in the orange beast. Front brake and rear, clutch etc. I changed out the clutch fluid with Magura Blood. So now that its a month and several rides later I decide to go out to the garage and take the ktm up the street for a beer run. Yup the 09 xcw is plated in AZ! Anyway I fire it up put her in gear an it immediately lunges forward. I'm thinking to myself what the hell? So I pull the cap off the MC and the diaphragm is distorted all to hell! It is no joke twice the size of what it should be. So much so that it will not fit back in the MC! So what I ask here is... Magura Blood bad to use in the KTM clutch?

On a side note I find it completely hilarious that the dictionary in my phone tried to correct Magura to Masturbation!! I "was" pissed about my clutch.

Edited by hezzdown

Isn't magura blood a mineral fluid for the magura clutches ?

09 should have brembo I think ?

However I thought mineral is not aggressive.

Magura takes min. oil.....ATF or FORK oil is good.

Brembo takes break fluid....only!

Yall read cap to see whay ya got.

About a month ago I decided to change out all the fluids in the orange beast. Front brake and rear, clutch etc. I changed out the clutch fluid with Magura Blood. So now that its a month and several rides later I decide to go out to the garage and take the ktm up the street for a beer run. Yup the 09 xcw is plated in AZ! Anyway I fire it up put her in gear an it immediately lunges forward. I'm thinking to myself what the hell? So I pull the cap off the MC and the diaphragm is distorted all to hell! It is no joke twice the size of what it should be. So much so that it will not fit back in the MC! So what I ask here is... Magura Blood bad to use in the KTM clutch?

On a side note I find it completely hilarious that the dictionary in my phone tried to correct Magura to Masturbation!! I "was" pissed about my clutch.

Its bad if its a Brembo clutch :naughty:

Live and learn I guess. I had the fancy orange cap on my clutch MC. Didn't realize it takes DOT 4. New diaphragm, MC piston o-ring, line, slave oring's and gasket on the way. Pull it all apart this week and flush the parts to be re-used out and get everything buttoned back up the right way this time. Pricey and PITA mistake.