Sign in to follow this  

07 kx250f NEVER stops blowing out radiator fluid, PLEASE HELP

hey guys, i have a 07 kawasaki kx250f that blows out radiator fluid out the overflow. when i go to the track and after 5 laps i have fluid coming out. It runs perfect and doesnt make any noises. I'm running engine ice, boyesen water pump, valves perfect, pro circuit pipe just repacked, rejetted carb from local shop, new 1.6 bar rated cap, new piston,rings, and gaskets and also cv4 radiator tubes. this thing should not be overheating. I cant figure it out for the love of me. Please help!!

someone please, any ideas?

Symptoms sound like a blown head gasket. I've had this happen on another bike and it was exactly as you describe. It is possible it was not installed correctly during the rebuild. Take it back apart and check the head and ctlinder mating surfaces. Ensure either is not warped. It can be the cylinder or head that is not sealing properly. I only use OEM gaskets too. Aftermarket gaskets have given me fits in the past not sealing right.

Edited by KX290F Pilot

alright ill try it with oem gaskets, thanks, and do you know the best way to check the head and cylinder for warping?

alright ill try it with oem gaskets, thanks, and do you know the best way to check the head and cylinder for warping?

A good straight edge tool made of aluminum or brass. It should lay across the surface and have no gaps under the edge as you slowly pull it across the surface. Make sure you take the bosses out of the head and cylinder while you do it. More than likely it is the gasket but still check the surface.

thank you very much, ill check em out tomorrow. do you think i should add any sort of gasket silicone with the gaskets to add a better seal?

thank you very much, ill check em out tomorrow. do you think i should add any sort of gasket silicone with the gaskets to add a better seal?

No. Do not add anything to the gaskets. Make sure the cylinder and head surface is completely clean and not oily. I usually spray them down with brake clean add wipe them down with a very clean lint free rag before putting them together.

You could try re-torqueing the head first. If ours head gasket you should see bubbles coming put the radiator with the cap off, or it will build pressure quickly in the radiator before out is even hot.

Sorry predictive text is irritating.

alright guys i just got done riding it with oem gaskets even the header pipe gasket and not a sign of radiator fluid so far!!! 🙂 thank you very much for ur time and help!

alright guys i just got done riding it with oem gaskets even the header pipe gasket and not a sign of radiator fluid so far!!! 🙂 thank you very much for ur time and help!

Cool. Hope it was fun to ride again. Makes it that much better when you know your bike is running good and its not going to quit on you.