Sign in to follow this  

weird vibration...

whenever im riding, right before its time to shift, my motor feels like its vibrating a lot. It seems to not have as much power as my 09 at the top of the gear. my 09 doesnt shake like that. The motor in the 06 was completely rebuilt. What could be causing it? it didnt do it before. Loose cam chain? I dont have tools with me. I'll be able to check that when i get home...

My '05 SM does that, I have always seen that as my queue to shift, where my' 06 E with a quarter of the mileage feels way less vibey. The '05 does have a 434 BB which I think is causing the higher vibes.

whenever im riding, right before its time to shift, my motor feels like its vibrating a lot. It seems to not have as much power as my 09 at the top of the gear. my 09 doesnt shake like that. The motor in the 06 was completely rebuilt. What could be causing it? it didnt do it before. Loose cam chain? I dont have tools with me. I'll be able to check that when i get home...

Who can say what is causing it ?

You just need to go through the whole bike , start from the minor items and work up the the major ones .

I start with engine mounts , swingarm bolt . ALL Bolts around the steering head ~ triple clamps . Counter shaft nut etc .

Is it the harmonic balancing? I get it at a certain rpm. Them it disappears when I shift or go up or down in the rpm's.

Is it the harmonic balancing? I get it at a certain rpm. Them it disappears when I shift or go up or down in the rpm's.

Not sure. Eddie built this motor. Not sure if he does anything different. I'm just not used to it. But it does feel a little slower. Like I have to shift at 70-72 instead of like 74-76 on my 09. The 09s motor isn't even a new bottom end. Its a used motor from an 05 or so S...

You need to sell that '05 before you go mental!

I'm curious about the bars too. I'm interested in eliminating the rubber mounts with Zeta rubber killers, but then how much vibration are you left with at the grips? I go on 3hr plus rides and take it to Fresno to visit the old man and that's 125miles with just a quick stop for gas. I'm curious if my hands would go numb with rubber killers in the bar mount? It's borderline right now on a max range trip with no stops.

You need to sell that '05 before you go mental!

I'm curious about the bars too. I'm interested in eliminating the rubber mounts with Zeta rubber killers, but then how much vibration are you left with at the grips? I go on 3hr plus rides and take it to Fresno to visit the old man and that's 125miles with just a quick stop for gas. I'm curious if my hands would go numb with rubber killers in the bar mount? It's borderline right now on a max range trip with no stops.

My 09 has rubber killers. Feels fine. 06 stock and shakes...

I noticed when I removed the cross brace from my bars on my 435 sm that things smoothed out a lot. So I'm thinking different bars make a big difference, are the bars on both bikes the same :thinking:

I noticed when I removed the cross brace from my bars on my 435 sm that things smoothed out a lot. So I'm thinking different bars make a big difference, are the bars on both bikes the same :thinking:

Nope 06 is stock 09 is fatbars...