Sign in to follow this  

ANY rear spring options for an '86 XR600R....

Is there ANY options for a stiffer rear spring for the '86 XR600R?

Eibach lists one but it appears to be a misprint as the dimensions say it won't fit the shock. Racetech draws a blank...

I can't justify spending a grand or more on a custom made shock...but I would think someone still makes a heavier spring for these old pigs...

I'm told the newer models won't fit mine due to the attached reservoir getting in the way for the airbox...

Has anyone found a source for these things?

Cannon Race Craft will make any spring you want for about $150, just a little more than off the shelf.

You can also buy Works Performance shocks for abotu $600.

I put a 650L WP shock and Eibach spring (650L) on my 85 XR350. about .60" shorter than stock, so drops the seat that amount (roughly). Works well and I don't need the lowering link now. 😉

Thanks Mindblower...

Another dumb question, Is works selling just the shock and you use the stock spring, or it is a spring and shock combo they are selling?

Thanks Mindblower...

Another dumb question, Is works selling just the shock and you use the stock spring, or it is a spring and shock combo they are selling?

Just the shock I'm afraid, the spring is a separate buy.

Yep, before the last swap,that's what I had on. The "hot pink" one for those years. Improvement over the stocker, (for $35ish) but not nearly as nice as a 12.0 for my 230lbs. For 200lbs or so, it would be really nice.

Yep, before the last swap,that's what I had on. The "hot pink" one for those years. Improvement over the stocker, (for $35ish) but not nearly as nice as a 12.0 for my 230lbs. For 200lbs or so, it would be really nice.

There's also a later production spring that's a textured gray finish and a straighter rate with much less progression in the coil windings. Nearly a straight 12.0.

Interesting.

The pink one said it went from (approx) 9.5-12.0 which seemed right, about the same bottoming resistance as my 12.0 now. But I sacked through the lighter rate with my weight. Squatted more.

Edited by MindBlower