Lightspeed or TM Designworks chain guide

Hey guys anyone running either with good or bad results, looking for comments on durability, fitment and looks I kinda already know which will look better since I have carbon tip fmf 4.1 I have have heard the stock rubber in the chain guide goes pretty quickly so if I do lightspeed I'll opt for the acerbis block for inside since it doesn't come with one from lightspeed! Let me know what you guys think!!!!!!!

I have a TM Designworks version on mine. Black guide, gold chain, on the black Monster Energy bike, looks pretty good. TM guides are a favorite in the off road/woods arena where durability, longevity, and the ability to take big rock and log hits, spring back, and keep working, are a premium point. So they'll take pretty much anything that MX can dish out.

I have a TM Designworks version on mine. Black guide, gold chain, on the black Monster Energy bike, looks pretty good. TM guides are a favorite in the off road/woods arena where durability, longevity, and the ability to take big rock and log hits, spring back, and keep working, are a premium point. So they'll take pretty much anything that MX can dish out.
thanks for reply, I'll prob only see the woods 1 time for every 10 times I go to the track or less but good to know when I do venture in backwoods how strong tmd is because I'd be the one to hit the log or huge rock

?

Edited by RUDEDUDE806

Really nobody else has an aftermarket chainguide on that they would comment about good or bad? Strange since thats all I hear about is weak chain guide and slider you guys rock!

:angry:

I just bought the lightspeed carbon fiber, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

:unsure:

Edited by RUDEDUDE806

2 for tmd, but at $100 they better fill up my bike with gas too!

?

Not $100. $69.95 for 04-08 same price as BRP and better IMO.

$89.95 for 09-13 just $10.00 more than BRP and rebuildable.

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_4_8&products_id=10

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_5_13&products_id=16

Edited by KX290F Pilot

Not $100. $69.95 for 04-08 same price as BRP and better IMO.

$89.95 for 09-13 just $10.00 more than BRP and rebuildable.

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_4_8&products_id=10

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_5_13&products_id=16

yea I like the rebuildable part too but I was looking for them on motosport and they were like $95 for my 13! I loved the trick carbon fiber look of the lightspeed it was only $50 with pricematch plus the new block was $18, I just hope it holds up well if not I'll prob get the tmd.

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/TM-DESIGNWORKS-REAR-CHAIN-SLIDENGUIDE-GREEN

I installed a Yamaha chain guide on mine. Got it on ebay for $20. Slightly used and has substantially more material on it than Kaw had new. It's from a 08 YZ250F. I think '06 thru current are same. I had to drill one hole in different place on swingarm and oval out one hole slightly on guide. A casual observer wouldn't even notice. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $70 bucks or so on an aftermarket unit. Even though I spent money on exhaust and a 6D helmet. I like using parts from other brands when I can if they are better and just tinkering with stuff to be different. It's a shame that Kaw can't supply us with a chain guide that will last.

I installed a Yamaha chain guide on mine. Got it on ebay for $20. Slightly used and has substantially more material on it than Kaw had new. It's from a 08 YZ250F. I think '06 thru current are same. I had to drill one hole in different place on swingarm and oval out one hole slightly on guide. A casual observer wouldn't even notice. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $70 bucks or so on an aftermarket unit. Even though I spent money on exhaust and a 6D helmet. I like using parts from other brands when I can if they are better and just tinkering with stuff to be different. It's a shame that Kaw can't supply us with a chain guide that will last.

They wear faster due to the angle the swing arm is at with the motor. It wasnt as big of a problem until 09 when they changed frame generations. The upside of this is the bike is quite a bit more stable and puts more to the ground, the downside is the chain guides wear faster. I've got a TM designworks upper and lower on my 11 with 0ver 100 hours on it and its fine. Spend the money up front and dont worry about it again.

• 3 weeks later...