Sign in to follow this  

2002 KX250 Best Exhaust Pipe?

I have a pristine '02 250. I have an FMF Fatty on it that makes great low-mid power but nothing on the top. I prefer the power characteristics of the stock pipe, but I want more power. Considering a Pro Circuit. Does anyone know if it mimics the stock power spread? As far as I can tell, the '02 motor is its own animal, so other years run differently.

Edited by Hectoralis

I have the the same bike as you and I also tried the fmf fatty and it made more bottom end power. currently Im running the stock pipe because I find its the best for overal performance.

Interesting. I am running the fatty/shorty on my '02 and like the power characteristics although I agree it does seem to go flat on the very top end. The FMF pipe and silencer were on the bike when I bought it but I also got the stock pipe and silencer at the same time and they are in near perfect condition. I have never tried the stock pipe - guess I need to!

By the the way I also have v force reads in mine and they helped make my bike more crisper

pro circuit is the only way to go its just like the stock pipe but with more everywhere i bough the platnum2 and 304 shorty about a 500 doller setup but well worth it i also got boysen reeds and a wiseco piston but other than that the bike is all stock and smokes stock 450s all day long

Interesting. I am running the fatty/shorty on my '02 and like the power characteristics although I agree it does seem to go flat on the very top end. The FMF pipe and silencer were on the bike when I bought it but I also got the stock pipe and silencer at the same time and they are in near perfect condition. I have never tried the stock pipe - guess I need to!

im running the same,was woundering what jetting you have for that combo ,i have 55 pilot 165 main needle 3rd with boyesen radvalve reed system

im running the same fatty shorty,was woundering what jetting you have for that combo ,i have 55 pilot 165 main needle 3rd with boyesen radvalve reed system

Well, it's probably apples to oranges since I live and ride at 5,000'+ elevation. I am running a 52 pilot (not lean enough) and a 155 main (just about right). I run Boyesen two-stage reeds on the stock cage.

Edited by firehunter