Sign in to follow this  

Dr. D vs yoshi

What do y'all think about dr.D exhaust on the rmz450...leaning towards that or yoshi

Already did nobody commented on it figured I would post it here with a broader group...just lookin for ppl that have experience with both exhaust systems..even if its not on the rmz

We build zooks and used to run Dr. D exhausts and liked them a lot also the price was great. But since Suzuki started giving new yosh systems with any new RMZ purchased we've been running those. In all honestly there is no difference between the two just the price! Exhausts are all a marketing gimmick you gain maybe .5 of HP if that. However they will move the power around, like more bottom or top end for example, but honestly not even our top A riders can tell the difference from pipe to pipe. Exhausts are the least of our worries, buy whatever one you think looks cooler..

Edited by Mx Factory USA

They are both great exhausts.

I've heard great things about both and and not really worried about "what looks cool" lol I knw they move the power around some but didn't really knw how much it would move it around..I love having more bottom and mid than top.. I ride mx not so much trails or woods but I just really like having tht get there fast speed more than blow ur doors off speed. I have a buddy tht loves yoshi and another tht loves fmf..but for the price of the dr.d and all the good stuff I've heard about them I didn't want to over look them. I knw a lot of ppl tht run yoshi on crf and rmz just dnt knw anyone tht runs dr.d. I knw it started out as a pipe for the yz so I was just lookin for info on the two from personal experience

I have a Yoshi on my CRF 450 and its works great ( it came with a package deal from dealer). MY cousin used to race AMA National MX on CRF 450 with a DR D and had no issues at all. I rode both and I couldn't tell much of difference ( I am just a weekend warrior/intermediate rider).

I've heard great things about both and and not really worried about "what looks cool" lol I knw they move the power around some but didn't really knw how much it would move it around..I love having more bottom and mid than top.. I ride mx not so much trails or woods but I just really like having tht get there fast speed more than blow ur doors off speed. I have a buddy tht loves yoshi and another tht loves fmf..but for the price of the dr.d and all the good stuff I've heard about them I didn't want to over look them. I knw a lot of ppl tht run yoshi on crf and rmz just dnt knw anyone tht runs dr.d. I knw it started out as a pipe for the yz so I was just lookin for info on the two from personal experience

Well obviously you have an 07 rmz 450. Back in 07 I had same bike and installed the Dr. D full exhaust, you probably cant tell because I got a little powdercoat happy lol but it's on there. I personally noticed the Dr.D seemed to move the power in the midrange and I liked that a lot, mid is where I rode in the powerband. Bottom end was tame and easy to ride and the top pulled good but mid rage was a beast. That exhaust is a good set up you will not regret the purchase.

1373751888334.jpg

Well obviously you have an 07 rmz 450. Back in 07 I had same bike and installed the Dr. D full exhaust, you probably cant tell because I got a little powdercoat happy lol but it's on there. I personally noticed the Dr.D seemed to move the power in the midrange and I liked that a lot, mid is where I rode in the powerband. Bottom end was tame and easy to ride and the top pulled good but mid rage was a beast. That exhaust is a good set up you will not regret the purchase.

1373751888334.jpg

That's a damn good lookin bike...having a beast in the mid range wouldn't bother me one bit thanks for the input..I'm gonna go with the dr.d i think. If I was able to chose one spot tht was more than another i would want the mid def spend more time there on the track than any other

That's a damn good lookin bike...having a beast in the mid range wouldn't bother me one bit thanks for the input..I'm gonna go with the dr.d i think. If I was able to chose one spot tht was more than another i would want the mid def spend more time there on the track than any other

Thanks. I'll look for the hour log on that bike, I'm sure I have it laying around still. If I find it I can give you my jetting specs. Bike was set up for 600 ft above sea level. So if you get that exhaust system and if that info will benefit you let me know...

• Like 1

Had a DRD pipe it was 3 weeks old and stand off cracked off during a race the pipe hit the spring and was dented not much bit a little called DRD and they said send it in. I did and they wouldn't weld the stand off back on the mid pipe and wanted me to purchase a new exhaust less header for 300.00 from them. at 3 weeks old keep in mind it was a Stainless steel exhaust suppost to be warrantied for 6 months, Never will I buy a DRD product again. Yosh stands behind there products so I have been buying from them since and been totally satisfied 5 yrs now!

• Like 1