Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Ashland OR trails?

My buddy just moved down to Ashland and I am wondering what kind of riding (if any) there is around there? I have been trying to make sense out of the USFS website but not finding much help online.....It looks like there are two ranger districts with trails near there....?

Thanks!

The long and short of it is::::::::::::: No trails that I know of in the Ashland area. Ashland is a mini california, lots of fruits & nuts. He can drive 18 or so miles to Jacksonville and go to the Timber Mountain OHV area. In the middle of that riding area is about 600 acres of land owned by the Motorcycle Riders Association which is open to any and all who want to ride, bikes, quads. Side by sides, bicycles and hikers. Our club welcomes them all. No charge! Of course they are free to join the club, $25.00 a year or $40.00 family.

He won't find it on forest service maps because we are surrounded by BLM and private ground. Go to www.motorcycleridersassociation.org and check us out. Right now with the forest fire danger in the extreme catagory, riding is discouraged, but wait till it rains and then you have to bring your own parking spot.

Jim