Sign in to follow this  

Getting back into it!

Hello all! I've been out of riding off road for about 20 yrs and now getting back into it. The last bike I had was a 92 yz250. I'll be mostly trail riding as well as woods. Nothing serious ( I hope because I was a very aggressive rider in my day)...just mostly playing! I'm 50 yrs old, 6'2 and 160 lbs and in decent shape. I was looking for something like a wr250 but havnt had much luck. I did however find what looks to be a good deal on an 06 wr450. I know the 07's had major improvments but don't see too many without paying an arm and a leg. So without rambling anymore, I guess my question is should I go on and buy the 06 450 or after being out of it so long....should I just hold out for the 250? .Also.....for what I'm going to do with it.....are the 07's going to be worth the higher $$ ? Thanks for any advice!

Actually yes. Theres a 2003 Ktm 250 exc 4t with a 300 kit on it. I'm trying to gather some info on it.

The wr250f is so easy and fun to ride. For fun factor you might want to wait. Also depends on type of riding. I find one guys idea of trails is different than another.