Need off road boots

I need to buy some boots to ride off road. I've been riding in work boots and they just don't cut it. I'm riding in eastern PA and the terrain varies from single track to rocky trails to mud to loose sand-like coal dirt. I need a boot with a sole that has good traction as well as good support. Doesn't have to be a high mx style boot.

I think some ATV boots are a lower cut and have decent traction, I wanna say they where Thor? From the Dennis Kirk outlet a few years ago for $50.

I made the switch and I'm glad I did. Probably saved a few foot injuries at this point.

I've got some Alpinestar Tech7's, they are stiff but I think the stiffness is worth the extra protection. After riding with them for a while you won't want to ride the rough stuff without good boots. I even consider riding with them on the street, just have to have extra shoes once you get to your destination.

Gaerne Oil Balance boots are the best boot I have ever worn. Comfortable from the onset, pricey but well made.

Bought these also. They are what's called Trials boots and they come with a ripple gum sole. Works good for traction.

Because I'm in Calif and there's not much rain here I bought the non oiled version which is a bit cheaper.

Basically the boot is a lighter, shorter [3 buckles]more flexible version of a stnd. Leather Motocross boot.

Tony