Sign in to follow this  

lowering seat height

What's the easiest way to lower the seat height on my 2011 drz400s ? I'm not a mechanical genious but can turn a wrench.

Thanks in advance guys!

Edited by galtre1

What's the easiest way to lower the seat height on my 2011 drz400s ? I'm not a mechanical genious but can turn a wrench.

Thanks in advance guys!

Lowering links or shave the seat. Or adjusting the preload nut on the rear shock. Changing the shock settings will also change the way the bike handles so be carefull there. I put DRZ 2 lowering links on mine increaced the rear spring preload lowering the rear just 1" and raised the front forks in the tree as mutch as I could to match the rear. I think my bike ha better now but thats just me

Thanks you guys are great,but how would I maintain the ride angle if I dropped down with those 2" dogbones?

Thanks you guys are great,but how would I maintain the ride angle if I dropped down with those 2" dogbones?

I cut the fork springs 1-3/4" then slid the tubes up in the tree's 1/4" to match the rear.

Not necessarily the best way to do it but its working for me.

Links will work combined with dropping the fork tubes in the clamp.. but only on a lightly ridden bike.. that you do not care about suspension use and performance.

If the bike gets off loaded from a trailer and ridden down the fire road to the group shower / latrine, hill top scenic overview (that soccer moms van can get to) and you just want a lower seat height at cost of all else..links are the ticket.

The correct and better way to lower the bike is in combination with using the right length spring, lower forks and shock internally.

Thanks, I have short legs and mostly a weekend rider other than back and forth to work. Although I am concerned with the correct way to mod my bike lowering the forks/links may work for me,we'll have too see at least I'm not looking at big money to find out. Also if you saw my soccer mom wife/friends you would be taking the fire road to the scenic overlook to peek down on the comunity shower too. :)

Again thanks for all the quick responses

I'll let u know what works for me

I had the Ebay links and swapped them out for koubalinks. The ebay links lower the bike more than they advertise and also dont have any instructions or information to suggest how to set the suspension up after installing them. Koubalinks provides literature and also drops the bike to what they say I bought the Kouba 2 capable of 2" I lowered the rear 1.25 per the instructions by increasing the preload. the Ebay links were over a half inch longer and to drop the bike the same amount. I ride my bike hard and am not a soccer mom and have no issues. The DRZ was never designed to be an MX bike jumping table tops so I think youll be fine.

• Like 1