Sign in to follow this  

Too powerful?

I'm 13 and ride a bigwheel cr85rb.

I'm looking at maybe getting a kdx200/220 in the near future. I know its short enough, I'm 5' 8-9". But will it be too powerful? Thanks

you should be alright, the kdx is a pretty tame bike, but its got the power you'll need if you know how to use it, its an all around great bike, id recommend it. worst case scenario you could get a flywheel weight but I highly doubt youd want to.

If you get a stock KDX, you'll be thinking that it has less power than your 85 at first, due to the fact that it's going to be so much more manageable. Stock KDX 200 doesn't have a "hit" as such, more like a 4 stroke power curve. Go to modding it much and then it will grow some teeth. And even modded, a 220 is always going to be pretty tame. Bottom end and mid range like a tractor, not much on top. If you've been riding a CR85 in the woods, a KDX 200 will be a pleasant surprise. :thumbsup:

If all you do is woods ride, the KDX will be perfect. There's endless mods for this bike to make it one sweet woods bike tailored just to you.

On here, KDXGarage (user name) is probably your main source of info. But you really need to get on KDXrider.net. They have done it all.

The KDX might seem a little boring compared to your 85 as, like mentioned already, the lack of hit is deceiving. The KDX200/220 are bikes that can be very fast once setup for you, has the usual mods, and you have the skills to use it! Yeah, get on over to KDXrider.net if you pick one up. The group of riders there have done about every mod that can be done to the KDX bikes and are happy to help!

But you really need to get on KDXrider.net. They have done it all.
Yeah, get on over to KDXrider.net if you pick one up. The group of riders there have done about every mod that can be done to the KDX bikes and are happy to help!

Just don't take 99% of what Wibbins posts on there as anything more than the waste of bandwidth blather that it is. He's got a smart assed and totally useless remark for about everything, but you still have to read what he posts, because once in 100 or so replies, he'll actually have a bit of very good information.

LOL. Yep..one of those on every forum. We have a few of those on LS1tech.

LOL. Yep..one of those on every forum. We have a few of those on LS1tech.

I work with one of those types of guys Edited by HolyKaw810

Just don't take 99% of what Wibbins posts on there as anything more than the waste of bandwidth blather that it is. He's got a smart assed and totally useless remark for about everything, but you still have to read what he posts, because once in 100 or so replies, he'll actually have a bit of very good information.

Hey, at least he's not on there talking smack about users on other forums. :)

J.

• Like 2

Hey, at least he's not on there talking smack about users on other forums. :)

J.

I don't see it as "talking smack' at all, more like a fair warning to anyone new going to the forum. Be ready for anything you post to get the mandatory wasted reply that has to be scrolled over and ignored.