Sign in to follow this  

california plated dirtbike , dmv posible issues?

I dont have any friends

Ah, someone needs a hug. Mr Riddle?

no brokeback shit cuzzzz

Butt, butt, Mr Riddle loves to post those movie clips.

yeah a little worried camping with him this weekend

You camping at Bonita?

Thank you Jeff for the prompt reply. Gonna hit up CL in Vegas area and register my Dual sport at gramps house hopefully before mid October.

You actually need a model year 2002 or older bike for a non-emissions bike to have a legit Cali plate. The cutoff to get a bike plated was 1/31/04, but it still had to be an '02 or older bike. That's why '03 XRRs are so cheap in Cali, and why the last few sat in dealerships unsellable for a couple years.

But that still won't keep them from eventually scrubbing the reg list and sending you a GFY letter if you weren't the owner of the bike before the cutoff.

I'd probably get the newest emissions-legal KTM that you like and can afford.

I'd probably get the newest emissions-legal KTM that you like and can afford.

x2

That's fine for a 4 stroke, but I want a newer plated 250 or 300 2 smoke . . . seems like for that I need to go out of state.

That's fine for a 4 stroke, but I want a newer plated 250 or 300 2 smoke . . . seems like for that I need to go out of state.

I think that's what the OP was looking for.

On the other hand, you guys have me interested in looking around on CL and calling my friend in AZ! I was at chaparral the other day and that ($9k) 300xcw is so light, that big tuba pipe looks like it'll get smashed quickly though.

• Like 1

You actually need a model year 2002 or older bike for a non-emissions bike to have a legit Cali plate. The cutoff to get a bike plated was 1/31/04, but it still had to be an '02 or older bike. That's why '03 XRRs are so cheap in Cali, and why the last few sat in dealerships unsellable for a couple years.

But that still won't keep them from eventually scrubbing the reg list and sending you a GFY letter if you weren't the owner of the bike before the cutoff.

That's not entirely true. Any green sticker bike purchased prior to 1/31/04 was eligible for a plate. I legally plated an '04 KTM 525 EXC which I purchased in 12/03.

• Like 1

The model year 2002 or older I believe relates to plating a 2-stroke. That's when they started implementing the red sticker program and Cali would only let you convert a green sticker bike to dual sport. There are a few plated CR500's out there :-O